xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tutorial To Install An Internal Fan On Your Xbox 360  (Read 128 times)

jeffek

• Archived User
Tutorial To Install An Internal Fan On Your Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »

thats a sweet idea with that fan for the gpu

the whole system might get alittle cooler with some aftermarket fans though (talismoon or xcm)
the stock ones suck

im going to look for an old graphics card today to find that little guy lol  biggrin.gif

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 02:27:00 AM »

just one note that i haven't seen mentioned here - when applying as5 to a cpu/gpu with the core showing you spread it over the entire core.  you can verify this on the as5 heatsink - look at how they spread if on something like a p3 or amd athlon xp vs a amd a64 or x2 - totally different.  just an fyi

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

Paco - any chance you can give us some measurements to where you cut the holes?  your fan looks like it fits very nicely and i would like to duplicate your success smile.gif  also, what dmm is that you are using?

thanks in advance,
DuBob

Tortuga2112

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaniloMQ @ Apr 30 2007, 05:38 AM) *

if you use a conector that is layed down i thing its possible without the wires touching the fan

I will try to do that tomorrow and then post new pics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't know if you guys have seen this tutorial or not, but have a look.

add front fan header by Rgallo

its got some defferent variations.
tilting the fan sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure I'd bother with that. too much extra work for what will probably not make that much difference in my opinion.

I just left mine straight and put a plastic card on the right side of the fan so it forces the air to the left.

DuBob,

it looks like he's using 70mm fans.

This post has been edited by Tortuga2112: May 16 2007, 06:03 PM

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tortuga2112 @ May 16 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post

I don't know if you guys have seen this tutorial or not, but have a look.

add front fan header by Rgallo

its got some defferent variations.
tilting the fan sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure I'd bother with that. too much extra work for what will probably not make that much difference in my opinion.

I just left mine straight and put a plastic card on the right side of the fan so it forces the air to the left.
DuBob,

it looks like he's using 70mm fans.

thanks, i understand he is using 70mm by probably 15mm fans, but i was wanting the dimensions as to where he drilled the holes into the front of the 360 chassis.  his seems to work very well, so i am not trying to re-invent the wheel smile.gif

D1S1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Nice tut

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(wellmodded @ Apr 29 2007, 04:51 PM) View Post

ok just some advise u should not cut the GPU heatsink at all casue that mean less mass meaning less heat it will take away from the gpu

I've cut a decent ammount away from my GPU doing the X-clamp replacement and nothing bad has come of it, what with the AS5, X-clamp replacement and Talismoon Whisper fans my system temp has still gone down by a couple of degrees anyway.

Logi7

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

this works the best when you have a Hitachi dvd drive
the samsung takes up more space at the front right leg and you cant get the fan in the right angle
i think for the Hitachi its better to just lay it flat on top of the resistors and make some kind of guide with a piece of cardboard to make the air flow to the left under the drive

also because the fan posistion is so close to the top of the case, there wont be any air for the fan to push down, so just putting it on top of the resistors flat woudl help by putting more space between the fan and the of the case

This post has been edited by Logi7: Aug 8 2007, 05:23 PM

kero

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »

Thankyou very much for this guide. It was very helpful - especialy those nice close up pics.

Juli3n

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

Thanx for the tut, ill probably try it this weekend.

Pfeifer30

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

Nice tutorial man. I will be using this pretty soon. smile.gif

Juise

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »

My 360 gave me my first RRoD back in jan this year. It was 3 weeks out of the then "1 year warranty". I refused to  pony up the $150 and did the x-clamp + heatgun. So after being sick and tired of having to heatgun my system every 3 to 4 months, here is what I ended up with after reading this, and a few other post here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/juise99/360

Now I'll just have to wait 6-8 months to see if any of this was actually worth it. Any feedback/suggestions/comments are welcome.

This post has been edited by Juise: Dec 12 2007, 09:26 AM
Pages: 1 [2]