xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: "prey" Themed 360 Wip  (Read 504 times)

djbizwy

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

hahaha, thanks....and yes, taking a dump in that "tropical paradise" is rather soothing

djbizwy

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

I am curious as to what some of the top, more experienced modders think of this....I feel like it isn't getting as good of response.  I love it and think it turned out great, but who knows, maybe I could have dones someting different. uhh.gif

nekkron99

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(djbizwy @ Sep 18 2006, 05:52 PM) View Post

I am curious as to what some of the top, more experienced modders think of this....I feel like it isn't getting as good of response.  I love it and think it turned out great, but who knows, maybe I could have dones someting different. uhh.gif

Don't worry dude.  As soon as my Vader was done it just dropped.  lol  As long as you like it, that's all that matters.  It's great to hear how good you did...ego boosting is always welcome, isn't it?  Just get started on another one...that's what I'm gonna do.  beerchug.gif

Jelly4000

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

I think it look good. I'm not a fan of themed (ie. game themed) mods as a rule, but you tried something different from the normal halo one here.

The main window etching is great, the best bit IMO. The paint doesn't look so good in spots, and the top window cuts are a bit bumpy in places, but this is excusable given the thickness of the bar sections in the hawk.

Overall a good box smile.gif And especialy if you like it biggrin.gif

djbizwy

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jelly4000 @ Sep 19 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

I think it look good. I'm not a fan of themed (ie. game themed) mods as a rule, but you tried something different from the normal halo one here.

The main window etching is great, the best bit IMO. The paint doesn't look so good in spots, and the top window cuts are a bit bumpy in places, but this is excusable given the thickness of the bar sections in the hawk.

Overall a good box smile.gif And especialy if you like it biggrin.gif

thanks for the honest opinions...they are the best, to tell you the truth.  And you are right, it is all up to whether I like it or not, and I definitely do.  Considering this was my second case mod, I am rather pleased.  Thanks again guys!

Jelly4000

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(djbizwy @ Sep 19 2006, 10:59 PM) View Post

thanks for the honest opinions...they are the best, to tell you the truth.  And you are right, it is all up to whether I like it or not, and I definitely do.  Considering this was my second case mod, I am rather pleased.  Thanks again guys!

No problem, and i was being slightly overly critical there (i may have been in a bit of a mood...). It does look great and you should be proud of it!

liquid-core

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

My honest opinions:

I think the box looks great over all. I love that you did everything yourself. I personally would have tried to have the hawks and the "Prey" etching laser engraved so it was more even (its such a small thing it makes little difference). Other than that, all of the windows look great and clean and your lighting is awsome.

O'Malley

djbizwy

• Archived User
"prey" Themed 360 Wip
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(liquid-core @ Sep 20 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

My honest opinions:

I think the box looks great over all. I love that you did everything yourself. I personally would have tried to have the hawks and the "Prey" etching laser engraved so it was more even (its such a small thing it makes little difference). Other than that, all of the windows look great and clean and your lighting is awsome.

O'Malley

I really toyed with the idea of using the laser engraver, like the link you had sent me on this or llamma, I can't remember, but there is somethin about etching the old fashioned way...AND considering my lack of artistic talent it turned out alright.  Might not have been nearly as good as your Halo Box, L-C (and I mean this in the most complimentary way possible...that think friggen rocks) but I am satisfied with mine.  It is pretty gratifying when you do everything yourself, plus it was only my second mod and now I know what to do differently in the future!  thanks for the feedback, I LOVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM...it is my favorite, and nothing offends me because I work in a cut throat industry that has given me one hell of a thick skin!  I will say that I will use a laser engraver the next time I decide to perform any etchings on future boxes to come.

Thanks again everyone,
    djbizwy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]