xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Power A Liteon Without Opening Xbox.  (Read 71 times)

hangover

• Archived User
How To Power A Liteon Without Opening Xbox.
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »

I have a liteon drive that i'm going to use for backingup my original discs that i will be using externally on my pc, i have it connected to a via pci sata card but now i need to power it. I have a few spare xbxox1 parts and noticed that the dvd power cable is the same as that on the liteon and woncering if i can use one of my old xbox's to power the drive and hopefully be able to open/close the tray as well ?

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »

I gave it a shot and although an xbox1 dvd cable fits the console refuses to start with a 360 dvd attached, looks like i'll have to find another way to power it- i'm not paying $30 for a maximus dongle.

Xaian

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »

Or you could take my route and get a cheap power suppy from a dead PC. Or friends dead PC. It's quite easy to make one. All u need is a spare DVD power cable an know which pin is 3.3v, 5v, 12v an grounds. Ground the power supply to start it up, an leave the pin that opens an closes the drive connected to ground until u want it to open.

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(pink1 @ Oct 28 2010, 08:19 AM) View Post

Have a look at this diy DVD power adapter

Mate that is perfect, i have a breadboard pcb and i can use one of my old xbox dvd cable to cut up for this.

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(pink1 @ Oct 28 2010, 07:54 PM) View Post

I'm glad I could help and it's cool of you to come back and let us know. I hate it when people leave you hanging.

No worries, i hope to get to it this weekend.