xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Feature Requrest Igr For Xbmc  (Read 74 times)

jimmyc

• Archived User
Feature Requrest Igr For Xbmc
« on: April 26, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Hi,

Could someone please code in IGR support in the next xbmc release, since I am recently switch over from Evox, which has IGR support. NOw I can't quit my game now.
There are quite some people that using those old mod, which can't be flashed.  I like xbmc as my default dash, but if IGR feature is there, that would be graet!!

jimmy  <

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

99.99999999% not gonna happen

Igr from evo-x was buggy and only igr that REALY workes is the one in the x2 bioses  <

beeny

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

why dont you get your none flashable mod to boot phoenix to load x2 bios with igr then to load your dash xbmc then you'll have igr   <

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

I too have the original Xecuter mod chip, and i hate not having IGR while using XBMC. I was thinking of modding the memory card to give me a reset button, but if i could do this, it would be great.

Exactly what would have i have to do to run the x2 bios?  <

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Guys! break down and buy a alladin mod chip or a cheapmod. Or even flash your tsop if you dont go online!

An alladin plus (256k flashable mod w/on/off switch built into the xbox power button for the live users) is only 20 USD up in canada. Im sure it could be had for even cheaper.

It comes with x2 4977 on it i believe or sometimes cromwell. Its standard lpc points + d0 + 3 wires (all optional)
2 are for the front power button switch
1 for the flashing HDD light

If you hold power for ~1sec it will boot mod bios  (front light is amber)
tap power on original bios is booted (front light is green)

If you want you can always just put a switch on the d0 lead and not bother with any of the other wires. Or ground it and its on all the time

Really people. Your behind the times. Thoes old modchips are so outdated and new ones being so cheap and 'feature rich' there is no exscuse not to get one

<

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

I'm at odds. I want to get a new chip so that i can use xbox live, but i dont have money for real games, LOL. sad, i know.

so i'm stuck.

Also, whats up with the MS detecting new hard drives? is that really going on? Cause i have an 80 gig in mine, am i not going to be able to be on xbox live period  cause of it?  <

ned_glenn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

Or you could get the XIR...  works great!

<http://cheaplpc.com/xir/default.asp>  <

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

i want one of those, BAD. but they aren't even shipping.. been on preorder for months.. its a bit sketchy if you ask me.  <

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

oh, never mind, they're shipping now!! sweet, i gotta order!!  <

jimmyc

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

I got  a xcuter 1 in my box with 9 solder point and 1 wire. The 9 solder point is imposible  to desolder.  I am risking screw up my box and shell out xtra bucks.  Also the benefit I gain is probably a switch to turn mod off and flahsable bios.  I mean my xcuter one does everything flawless, except this IGR function.  What the heck.... if there is any way... what is the pheonix bios thing about?  <

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

I currently have the x1 chip too.

well this is my plan. I'm going to solder the tsop so that i can then flash the x2 bios onto my xbox's bios using evox. Then i can use that to boot off of and i'll be able to get in game reset.

I'm going to do that this weekend, we'll see how it goes.

Anyone know of any pitfalls that i'm not preparing for? let me know, thanks!  <