xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xp Network Question  (Read 120 times)

Agrajag

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« on: April 19, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Guys, I had a problem with my AGP port on my P4 system and had to install some drivers. One that got installed was a Network Bridge driver that hooks to my two 1394 ports (which I don't even use).

Since making this change, I can't connect to my XBOX any longer. If anyone can give me some pointers where to look to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. The 4-19 release looks like the release I can finally fully put to use and now this happens. <grin>

I am setup as follows:

Main PC is set to a static IP of 192.168.1.27 with a default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and the XBOX is set to a static IP of 192.168.1.23 and uses the Linksys Wireless Game Adapter for a wireless access point. The router is a Linksys Wireless G router.

FlashFXP says it connects and then says it failed. On the XBOX side I clearly broke something because XBMC can't connect to the PC and can't connect to the Internet to get weather and such.

ANY ideas?  <

mc_365

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Go back into your PC and reset all your networking settings as they got erased when you reinstalled your networking setup.

Make sure you use the same settings you have on your xbox.

Turn of simple file sharing on PC.

Turn of xp firewall.

<

fireflier

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Once the network is bridged, it changes the ip configuration.....check out this link for more info...
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharin...tworkbridge.htm  <

Agrajag

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

Well, I tried to get it all working with the network bridge and couldn't. Since I didn't need the bridge to the connections it hooked to I just deleted it.

That got me going again. I was a bit surprised I couldn't get the bridge going. I gave it its own IP, set up everything as it should be (or so I thought) and still nothing. Oh well.

However, one problem seems to have cropped up as a result. Now the connection to the XBOX is horribly slow and it disconnects often. GRRRRRR. I hate networking.

Weather works so clearly there is a connection and I can connect to the box but not always. Once I do connect, the connection is lost within a minute or so. Attempts to reach my shared folders on the PC from the XBOX all fail with Access Denied messages even though things appear to be setup exactly as they were before.

I'm thoroughly confused.  

This post has been edited by Agrajag: Apr 20 2004, 12:52 PM <

m.e

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

you don't happen to have this network card: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC? I got this and I got the same problem as you.  <

Agrajag

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

No, I'm using the LAN adapter built into my Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 motherboard and that runs into a Linksys Wireless-G router.

The connection at the XBOX is a Linksys Wireless Game Adapter. I'm wondering now if it's died on me.

I'm going to drag the XBOX upstairs and hard-wire it to see if I can get to it that way at least.  <

Agrajag

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

Well, I seem to be a bit further. It appears part of the problem was the Linksys Wireless Game Adapter. I brought it to my PC and set it up again and it picked a different channel to run on and now everything is faster than ever.

HOWEVER, I cannot delete any folder on the XBOX. I hit delete in FlashFXP and it does nothing. I tried WS_FTP Pro as well. It gives me a couple of errors:

502 feat is not implemented.

This appears to be optional and unsupported by the XBOX so no biggie.

502 pasv is not implemented.
PASV Not Supported.

Okay.

502 xpsv not implemented
XPSV not supported.

Again, okay...

All attempts to delete appear to delete the folder until I come back and it's still there and I notice WS_FTP complaining that it "Can't open data connection to 192.168.1.27:xxxxx" where xxxxx is a random port each time.

I am able to copy over the new build with FlashFXP (but not WS_FTP Pro) but now I have 4 builds on the system and I'd like to get rid of the others.

Any of this info help explain the issues?
 <

mc_365

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

there are some settings in windows xp pro where you can change the network inactivity timeout option.  Maybe that may help.  I beleve its under control panel, services, admin tools, somthing after that.

I use WSFTP Pro with out any issues.
I have also used Windows xp ftp without any issues.
Are you rebooting your xbox after you delete the files?

Anyway you should wire everything together first if possible than add your wireless.  So atleast you will no what works.  <

Agrajag

• Archived User
Xp Network Question
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

Well, I just got it all somewhat working. WS_FTP Pro still won't go and I can't yet access the wireless access points settings wirelessly but everything else is lightning fast and I can now delete.

Further, the new build is exactly what I was hoping for. Now I just need to figure out a way to get Playlists really working (I plan on having literally a few dozen of them for every mood, taste or style).

I realize the one limitation in WS_FTP Pro is that it doesn't have the concept of the FlashFXP Transfer AS and Queue AS so that I can tranfers something and change it's name so that it fits within the XBOX file size limitations. At least I didn't see anything like that.  <