xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ripping A Game  (Read 396 times)

Grim187

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(THE CRAZY SHADOW @ Jun 19 2006, 05:20 PM) View Post

Everything went good, it said Done for all of them..

How does this work i terms of burning though. Will everything be fine..??

And what did we do exactly do make it work..

**If any one else has burned it can you verify the size... mine is   7,129,152 (un patched)

I'm still not %100 sure that it will work but it should, as long as the x360 and xbox disks have data in relatively the same place it should work fine, I'm probably going to tinker around with it more latter to see if i can get the file size down to a normal DVD and burn it to see if it is recognized by either the 360 or xbox as a game, Ive been really busy today so i might not post another update until tomorrow (mid day or evening)

Grim187

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

i've been busy with this original xbox and havent gotten a chance to work on it anymore, did you get that to work?
i will probly get time latter on tonight or tommrow

THE CRAZY SHADOW

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

Ya, about that... I tried to burn it, was on my last Dl disc and fomr some gay reason my computer frooze, the laser just stayed in one spot not moving, so i just cancled it. I dont know if it works or not :/

I just orderd a pioneer tho so, if we can tackle this within 3 days it would be great. Let me know your findings.

*im suprised know one else can help us..

Textbook

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

Crazy and Grim, I tried backing up Halo 2 with the Samsung 360 DVD drive and got wrong SS files and the drive failed to unlock.  I know that's not what you guys are trying here.  I will make a backup using my Xbox 1 Samsung drive.  Then, if you would like to me to test, I can try the WxRipper method for you guys as well.

THE CRAZY SHADOW

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 01:31:00 AM »

That would be helpfull. Textbook, i think i have talked to you on aim about this. (Switchbladebunny)

All im trying to do is rip an xbox 1 game. No sammy 360 tho.

Grim187

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Textbook @ Jun 20 2006, 09:22 PM) View Post

Crazy and Grim, I tried backing up Halo 2 with the Samsung 360 DVD drive and got wrong SS files and the drive failed to unlock.  I know that's not what you guys are trying here.  I will make a backup using my Xbox 1 Samsung drive.  Then, if you would like to me to test, I can try the WxRipper method for you guys as well.

go ahead and familiarize your self with the Wxripper method (if you ha vent already), and post a ss (screen shot) of your layout file and i will edit one up for you to try,

no news good or bad, I'm still working tho

Textbook

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

EDIT:  IGNORE THIS POST, PLEASE VIEW MY NEXT POST.  I HAVE NO EDIT LIMIT, SO I COULD HAVE DELETED THIS POST, BUT WILL KEEP IT UP FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE USE.

QUOTE(Grim187 @ Jun 21 2006, 06:51 PM) *

go ahead and familiarize your self with the Wxripper method (if you ha vent already), and post a ss (screen shot) of your layout file and i will edit one up for you to try,

no news good or bad, I'm still working tho

I used your layout file that you posted earlier and got one error at sector 268288 in the last Copy operation (like how Shadow got his, but at a different spot).  Using the information you gave him and reading Geebee's tutorial gave me enough information to edit up my own Layout file for where my error was.  C268287 and D7167.  This would copy up to the bad sector and the rest of that region (the 275456) would be dummied.  So I tried dumping with my own layout file and everything completed fine with no errors, it said done on everything.  I merged the SS into the ISO and was getting ready to burn but decided to check something first.  I opened up the ISO in wx360 and it didn't show any game data or files at all.  And I know that it should have.  My final ISO size after merging in the 2kb SS.bin is 7,572,877,312 bytes.  This is really weird, I have a few questions:

1.  Shadow and I are using the original Halo 2 disk, so why aren't we getting bad sectors in the same spots?

2.  Why are our sizes different?  Could it be because I didn't use the same hotswap DVD?

3.  Where is the game data?  Where did it go?  It should show up in wx360.

I am going to try it again and I'll post screenshots and my layout file.  Maybe you can make sense of it.

EDIT:  Nobody posted again, so I just figured I would edit this post instead of make a new one.

Hotswap DVD is The Chronicles of Narnia, size of 8,221,360,128 bytes according to ISOBuster.

First attempt using hotswap DVD, no layout file

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/wxr1.jpg)

ISO size = 901,316,608 bytes

Second attempt using Grim's unedited Layout file

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/wxr2.jpg)

ISO size = 7,558,201,344 bytes

Third attempt using an edited Layout file

The layout file:
CODE
C19408
D1072
C109344
C161791
D1622145
J105056
C268287
D7167
D1508480
J0

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/wxr3.jpg)

ISO size = 7,572,877,312 bytes

Fourth attempt using a cleaner Layout file

I realized there were two Copies in a row and two Dummies in a row, so I added those together:
CODE
C19408
D1072
C271135
D1622145
J105056
C268287
D1515647
J0

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/wxr4.jpg)

ISO size = 7,572,877,312 bytes

I realize that having two actions in a row or having them together doesn't change anything, but it was worth checking out anyways.

When opening up any ISOs in wx360, I get the following image (which is taken from my last dump)

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/wx360.jpg)

Any ideas Grim?

This post has been edited by Textbook: Jun 22 2006, 04:34 AM

Textbook

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

I could have edited my last post, but this is so important it deserves its own post.

wxRipper is defaulty hardcoded specifically for Xbox 360 games!

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Textbk05/layerbreak.jpg)

Notice even on hotswap, the "jump" is set for the layerbreak of an Xbox 360 game automatically.  To use wxRipper with an Xbox 1 game, you can not hotswap!  You will have to use a custom layout file.  I am going to be messing with this the rest of the night.

Also, I realized that even if the layerbreak was correct, none of my 2-4 attempts from my last post would have worked.  The layout file you made was specifically for Shadow and since our sector errors were at different locations, that is why it would not have worked.  That also answers why our sizes were off.  With this new information, what should our layout file be for an Xbox 1 disc?  Can't wait until you give me the answer Grim.

EDIT:  Also found something else.

Notice anything weird about the final LBA number?

It is under 4 GB.  That isn't right.  We already know that this game is over 4.7GB, even without the raw dump.  And I'm shooting myself in the foot right now for deleting my Raw Dump (with my Xbox 1 drive) because then I would know the exact size of the raw game data including the dummy data for bad sectors.  The LBA should be around 7GB.  I did in fact burn my copy of my successful Raw dump, so I might be able to find out the EXACT size of Halo 2 raw including dummy data.

P.S. - Why are all of our LBAs different.  Also, how did I end up making ISOs that were over 7 GB from my previous 4 tests?  Am I wrong thinking that the LBA should be equal to the total game size?  Somebody please help me understand this a little more.

This post has been edited by Textbook: Jun 22 2006, 05:20 AM

Grim187

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »

i havent tryed opening a iso but i can view the game disk

sorry ive been really busy and havent had mutch time to work on it today, i havent had a good solid theroy on where exactly most of the things it rips are, i know theres somthings that stay the same and must be some inportan things to run the game (see the layout file in the main dir of wxripper)

you need to just dummy the rest of the lba dump, save that layout file and open it up in notepad down at the bottom, the last C, Change that from C148479 to C142335 press enter to create another line and insert D6144 (I.E. 148479-142335=6144), so you just wanna insert the number -1 where the error acured and dummy the rest

This post has been edited by Grim187: Jun 22 2006, 06:52 AM

Textbook

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Hey Grim, how do you know that the rest of that "area" is going to be all sector read errors?  What if there is only a sector read error for a few consecutive sectors and the rest is good data that needs to be copied.  You're saying to just dummy all of it until I get to the next "area."  Does dummying only dummy if it gets an error and copies otherwise?  There needs to be a copy always, if read error dummy code.  Like a new letter that would try and copy the block from the beginning no matter what.  If it got a read error, then it would dummy that block and move to the next one.  That way, we would be copying all good data and dummying all bad data automatically.  I don't know the limitations of the program though.  It seems like the Layout codes only allow to do one action no matter what (copy, dummy, or jump).

Also, I found out that your SS for the Xbox 1 game has to be an SS extracted using an Xbox 360 DVD Drive.  If the SS is extracted using the Xbox 1 drive, it won't work.  So, if you're a Hitachi person downloading SSes, and you need Xbox 1 SSes, make sure it was extracted using an Xbox 360 DVD drive.

Xcitedguy

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

so has anyone found a for sure method on how to backup this game yet using wxripper? Cause I really wanted to.

sirrelix

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

I agree, Anyone have an update on how to properly rip halo 2?

Xcitedguy

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

dude, has anyone on this forum ever backed up an original xbox game and burnt it to play on the 360? lol, if you have, then post a small tutorial on how to do it cause I have yet to see someone tell how's done... I don't care if you have to use an original xbox to move the files to your PC first to do it, I just want to know what to do once you have the files of the game on your PC or if you have them in a xiso format...

THE CRAZY SHADOW

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »

I think we almost got it figured out, just need to test it and i belive some one that i was working with might release a tutorial soon!

Xcitedguy

• Archived User
Ripping A Game
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(THE CRAZY SHADOW @ Jun 29 2006, 08:26 AM) View Post

I think we almost got it figured out, just need to test it and i belive some one that i was working with might release a tutorial soon!

thank god lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3