xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Memorex Dvd+r Dual Layer Discs  (Read 228 times)

Overloaded

• Archived User
Memorex Dvd+r Dual Layer Discs
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

work in some but also not working that great in others that have samsung drives in them. i have 2 360s and a few of my friends also have them all with sammy drives. reads in one of mine and not the other and reads for another friends drive and not the other 2. try them if you got the $40 to spare, if they work then you got a good deal

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

verbatims.. only way to go.. bestbuy had them 20AR for a 20 pack the other day

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

www.newegg.com has 20pack verbs DL for $20 after rebate

wow

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(KUNFUCHOPSTICKS @ Aug 11 2006, 06:49 PM) View Post
www.newegg.com has 20pack verbs DL for $20 after rebate

wow

yeh.. thats what i meant... oops/

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

Anyone using Memorex (Ritek made) D/L media at that price officially gets awarded a Carlos Mencia "Dee, Dee, Dee" award.  As pointed out above there are plenty of better options for the money provided you look around.  Verbatim D/L DVD+R is BY FAR the best D/L media out there for compatibility.  As always make sure you set the booktype to DVD-ROM before burning (provided your burner/firmware revision supports it).  Keep an eye out for those D/L Verbs to come back in stock.  Even without the rebate they are still a great deal.

curious.green

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Aug 12 2006, 01:34 AM) View Post

Anyone using Memorex (Ritek made) D/L media at that price officially gets awarded a Carlos Mencia "Dee, Dee, Dee" award.  As pointed out above there are plenty of better options for the money provided you look around.  Verbatim D/L DVD+R is BY FAR the best D/L media out there for compatibility.  As always make sure you set the booktype to DVD-ROM before burning (provided your burner/firmware revision supports it).  Keep an eye out for those D/L Verbs to come back in stock.  Even without the rebate they are still a great deal.

True, but at first all I could find close to me was Memorex so I bought a pack.  They worked fine, so I contunued to buy them.  Now i've switched to Verbs because they are better, and cheaper, but Memorex's do work if you cant find any Verbs localy.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

Whoa there buddy.  You need to clarify something.  D/L Memorex (Ritek D01) WORK FOR YOU.  The average results with Ritek D/L are about 50/50 for any application (50% of the people who try them get them working with no problems, 50% either can't get them to work or have mixed results).  The other thing to consider is Ritek's horrible reliability as of late.  While people can get them to work, their recent discs are well known for failing in less than a year.  Of course this isn't absolute but it certainly isn't uncommon either.  There is alot more to media than discs that simply work for one person.  Verbatim D/L DVD+R on the other hand have been proven time and time again for multiple applications (including 360 backups) to be the most reliable and compatible D/L media out there.  Sorry if I seem a bit anal about the subject but it comes from doing over 3 years of media testing, research, ect.

curious.green

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

I know, that is why I switched to Verbs.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Congrats on the smart move.   wink.gif

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

I just bought a bunch of packs of those Memorex discs at futureshop here in canada, eh....I got verb's a few weeks ago when futureshop had them on sale, but they stopped the sale...it was $34 for 20 of them...now its $64 for 20 of them...so i got memorex and they are working fine...

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

For now. wink.gif  Anyways, do you happen to have a media ID code?  You never know when those hoseheads at Memorex are going to change it.

shynepo3

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

When I first started burning my 360 backups, I used a bunch of Fuji Film DVD+R DL and Memorex DVD+R DL which I had bought on sale.  I bought these before I even got my DL burner, cause I saw them on sale for real cheap.....anyways, sad to say, I ended up with about 30 coasters.

I couldn't figure it out.  Once game burned fine, so i assumed it must've been the image.....so I went out my way and bought Verbatims...sure enough, the disc burned fine!....So I thought it was the discs for sure....but then I realized, I was burning the images off a different hard drive - originally was trying to burn the images from an external hard drive....so now I"m not sure if it's the discs or the drive...

Anways, Futureshop here in Canada is having a sale of 15 pack of FujiFilm DVD+R DL discs for 24.95....not bad at all if they work for you. biggrin.gif  Only till the 18th or 17th....