xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Bitsetting / Booktype Tutorial  (Read 5353 times)

Banditt

• Archived User
Bitsetting / Booktype Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

man nothing is going easy for me today...

So I got 2 DL burners. One is a Pioneer 110D, this drive doesn't support bitsetting. Other (in my laptop) is a LG gwa-4082N, again does not support bitsetting. Both of these drives when used with nero or dvddecrypter will automatically set booktype to DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL disks. However I'm not sure if that is the case when I'm burning with clonecd. I've made dvd9 xbox1 backups successfully with both of these burners and I know they properly set the booktype with the other software, however Ive burned 2 coasters so far today and I'm guessing its cloneCD screwing it up. I'm gonna try a different game for now to see if maybe I had a bad image before but I'm pretty sure thats not the case.

So, does anyone know of another software that I can burn .dvd files with which will set the bookype correctly automatically, or is there a way to burn .dvd files with nero or dvdecrypter? I can't seem to open the IMAGE.dvd file with either of those programs so I'm assuming they aren't supported. I know some other people are having similar probs. I'll post back up if its just a bad image and I get it working the third try. Otherwise I'm kinda stuck.

P.S. I'm using verbatim +R DL media, so I'm pretty sure its not the media either.

This post has been edited by Banditt: May 17 2006, 11:56 PM

allan86

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

hi banditt again. i also have a pioneer 110d, will have a read and see if i can find a solution.

seneros

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »

two quick questions:

1. if my drive does not support bitsetting (which it doesnt) should i not bother trying to burn at all? (or will i have mixed results?)
2. clonecd said something to the effect that there was not enough space to burn (but proceeded anyway) is that normal? DVDinfopro showed 7.05gb, the game iso is 8.19 and the image.dvd is 8.454

thanks
thomas

Banditt

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(allan86 @ May 18 2006, 12:02 AM) *

hi banditt again. i also have a pioneer 110d, will have a read and see if i can find a solution.

haha, damn dude seems you and I are having all the same probs.

I just made a new image of the game I wanna burn and made my own ss.bin for it this time (thinking maybe the ones from usenet might be ga'bage) gonna try burning it in a few minutes with the pioneer. I'll let ya know if I get it working.

One thing though, my xbox dvd drive shows as a CD in isobuster. I am able to extract and it says 7.05gb which seems about right, is it normal for the disk to show up as CD? I didn't get any read errors either.

This post has been edited by Banditt: May 18 2006, 03:22 AM

allan86

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

hehe yeh mate. i found firmware for it and it works (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

* BITSETTING (automatically sets BOOKTYPE to DVD-ROM on DVD+R and DVD+R DL burns)

if yours is a 110 D then check this thread : http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=3678...r=asc&&start=50

update the drive firmware with this file : http://tdb.rpc1.org/nullz/110_837_MAXRIP.ZIP

i did it and burnt with clonecd and it is working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

good luck, hope you get on ok (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by allan86: May 18 2006, 02:57 AM

Banditt

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(allan86 @ May 18 2006, 02:03 AM) *

hehe yeh mate. i found firmware for it and it works (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

* BITSETTING (automatically sets BOOKTYPE to DVD-ROM on DVD+R and DVD+R DL burns)

if yours is a 110 D then check this thread : http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=3678...r=asc&&start=50

update the drive firmware with this file : http://tdb.rpc1.org/nullz/110_837_MAXRIP.ZIP

i did it and burnt with clonecd and it is working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

good luck, hope you get on ok (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks, I'll give it a try.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Banditt

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

ok, so as for the pioneer firmware, that was the firmware I have installed, didn't realize till I went to flash then I was like "duh, already did this like 5 months ago."  tongue.gif

Made my own rip of PD0 and it works like a charm, so it seems either some of the scene releases are garbage or the SS files that I got from usenet are garbage. At least I know everything is working now.

fredward

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

I need some help.  I just bought a External LG DVD+-RW DL Burner GSA-2166D  Is there any hack firmware out there for this model so I can change the bit setting.  I've looking all over the place and I still can't find it.  Also does anyone know if the DVD+RDL are already DVD-Rom default on the bitsetting?

suprd

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

I have a pioneer dvr-111d and have not been able to find any firmware for bitsetting... anyone have any leads or is there anything it can be cross-flashed to
any help greatly appreciated..

KILLplaystation

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

i dont have a "Change +RDL Mode" option, everything up till that is fine
???

This post has been edited by KILLplaystation: May 18 2006, 05:52 AM

suprd

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

select the DVD-Rom button under booktype
then set drive default (DVD+R Media)
then close

DeaL

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Banditt @ May 18 2006, 12:58 AM) *

man nothing is going easy for me today...

So I got 2 DL burners. One is a Pioneer 110D, this drive doesn't support bitsetting. Other (in my laptop) is a LG gwa-4082N, again does not support bitsetting. Both of these drives when used with nero or dvddecrypter will automatically set booktype to DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL disks. However I'm not sure if that is the case when I'm burning with clonecd. I've made dvd9 xbox1 backups successfully with both of these burners and I know they properly set the booktype with the other software, however Ive burned 2 coasters so far today and I'm guessing its cloneCD screwing it up. I'm gonna try a different game for now to see if maybe I had a bad image before but I'm pretty sure thats not the case.

So, does anyone know of another software that I can burn .dvd files with which will set the bookype correctly automatically, or is there a way to burn .dvd files with nero or dvdecrypter? I can't seem to open the IMAGE.dvd file with either of those programs so I'm assuming they aren't supported. I know some other people are having similar probs. I'll post back up if its just a bad image and I get it working the third try. Otherwise I'm kinda stuck.

P.S. I'm using verbatim +R DL media, so I'm pretty sure its not the media either.

Hi,

I've got the same problem, I've used two (SS patched) images and burned with CloneCD, but both won't work. I've used Platinum DL DVD's.

Have you gotten the 2nd image to work yet?

Thanks,

Regards, DeaL

geebee

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »

you dont need to set the booktype "automatically"

run dvdinfopro and set booktype/bitset to DVD-ROM
close dvdinfopro
open clonecd
burn disk

QUOTE(KILLplaystation @ May 18 2006, 05:59 AM) *

i dont have a "Change +RDL Mode" option, everything up till that is fine
???

what settings do you have? they differ slightly for different drives

jaynigs

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:00 AM »

Im using a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1673S with Traxdata and Verbatim DVD+RDL discs.

I have not had to change book settings or anything..

My games backeed up fine.

Im assuming it auto set to DVD ROM?

geebee

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 03:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaynigs @ May 18 2006, 10:14 AM) *

Im using a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1673S with Traxdata and Verbatim DVD+RDL discs.

I have not had to change book settings or anything..

My games backeed up fine.

Im assuming it auto set to DVD ROM?

very likely...what prog did you burn with? CloneCD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9