xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound Issues In Cod:waw After Installing The Kinect Dashboard  (Read 106 times)

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
Sound Issues In Cod:waw After Installing The Kinect Dashboard
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »

I installed the upcoming Kinect dashboard on my flashed 360, which is always kept offline. It's connected to a PC monitor via VGA and to a set of powered stereo monitors via RCA cables.

I was playing the zombie mode of Call of Duty: World at War earlier (Der Riese) and I noticed that if I turn sideways when I'm boarding up a window, I can barely hear the sound of it being boarded up. If I have my back to the window as it's being boarded up, I can't hear it at all. I also couldn't hear any zombies that came from behind me. Another thing I noticed is that if I was out of ammo, my character would sometimes literally repeat the things he says - "I'm out of gun juice" etc. - over and over with no gap in between, which is really annoying.

It's as if the 360 is in surround sound mode or something, even though it's always been set to digital stereo (and still is).

Has anyone got the Kinect dashboard installed and a copy of World at War to see if they can duplicate this issue? I've tried switching back and forth between sound modes in the console settings, but that doesn't help. It's annoying because with the sound functioning like this, it makes the game harder to play. I have the latest title update for the game (TU7) on the hard drive.