xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound But No Video  (Read 71 times)

armyof1ne

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(BDuB 2 @ Jan 26 2009, 10:19 PM) View Post

When I turn on my Xbox it boot like normal sound and all, but no video is displayed. I've tried multiple cords on multiple TVs, all have no display but can hear sound clearly. WTF!

Can anybody shed some light on my situation?

Aight, there are multiple reasons why this may not be functional. What are you runnning it under, HDTV or AV? Do you have your cords connected correctly. Do you have the AV/HDTV Switch on the cord itself put to the right position. IF your running under HDTV, You might be running at the wrong resolution. like 1080I instead of 1080P or vice versa. If you can run it under AV and see if it works that way, make sure the switch on the cord is in the right place. If you are still not recieving any video, you might have a damaged chip on board. I have come across a few xbox 360's that were trashed due to this. Most of the time its the HDTV which can be fixed(just use av til you modify the HDTV settings in console settings.

Let me know if this helps any, Good luck!

BDuB 2

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

I have both of the HDMI and AV cord. I have tried it on every settings. My TV is 1080p. I have tried it on multiple TVs as well. Is there a way to repair the board?

armyof1ne

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(BDuB 2 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:29 PM) View Post

I have both of the HDMI and AV cord. I have tried it on every settings. My TV is 1080p. I have tried it on multiple TVs as well. Is there a way to repair the board?

I have fixed this with the standard RROD fix, If that is truly your problem, it could be possible to fix it that way, 90% of the time you will get a failed(1 red ring) that will pop up when this problem arises, If it isnt any of the av connectors, it could be the GPU, Try reflowing and seeing if it helps any, There are tutorials everywhere. I have always liked the guys over at llama's (http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/xbox-360-repair.htm) give it a try, let me know how it goes

BDuB 2

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Thanks for the site. Started taking Xbox apart last night. Last step of removing motherboard found out that I don't have a tool small enough to remove heatsync. Will go to hardware store tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out.

armyof1ne

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(BDuB 2 @ Jan 27 2009, 01:47 PM) View Post

Thanks for the site. Started taking Xbox apart last night. Last step of removing motherboard found out that I don't have a tool small enough to remove heatsync. Will go to hardware store tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out.

Dont try to jimmy rig it, get the right bit-tips, or screwdriver torx, you dont wanna have to spend 15 bucks on a tap-it to reverse drill it out. Hopefully this gets going for ya, if not(not sure if you can post here telling peeps to send it to other peeps as in a repair place) but i do run a repair service if you need it. However, id suggest that you learn how to do it, Knowledge is power!