xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dual Displays Possible?  (Read 61 times)

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Dual Displays Possible?
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »

Ok guys, I'm laying the groundwork for a case mod (or replacement, if you will).  The mod I'm hoping to create will require an LCD display hardwired to the 360's motherboard.  However, I'm curious to know if the 360 is only capable of putting out one type of signal at a time?  The hardwired LCD would be a small 10" screen in Standard Def, but I want to be able to still connect the 360 to my 40" Sammy LCD (via component) - would I be able to run both displays at the same time or would this only work if I maintained the standard def output to both displays?

THANKS

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Dual Displays Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

Well, to answer my own question, it doesn't appear possible - the one key I was forgetting is that the resolution is set by the software of the 360... even if I could get a signal from the 360 on both I could only run standard def if I wanted it to display on both screens at the same time (as the small LCD is no hi-def compatible)... - this is what it seems anyways - if anyone knows different, please feel free to post.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Dual Displays Possible?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

Hey thanks for the info - I guess the composite and 480i component *may* be acceptable for what I'm trying to do...

Thanks again!   biggrin.gif