xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Audio Trouble With Hdmi/dvi And Audio Via Component Rca Cables  (Read 39 times)

djmeistro

• Archived User

update, i turned on my xbox with both the hdmi and component plug in and it boots, the problem now is it takes like 7 minutes to get there.... help????

d_johnsen

• Archived User
Video Audio Trouble With Hdmi/dvi And Audio Via Component Rca Cables
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

i know microsoft makes such a dongle for doing what you are trying to do....if only there was an internal schematic for that dongle then u make yours to match, my educated guess is that on the audio dongle all the mode wires are disconnected inside the dongle, and only the rca and optical connections are used
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=627970

djmeistro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

the thing is i have the core standard av cables with no hd (it's only the video and left and right audio)... i don't need optical or whatever it just seems like the xbox gets confused who to output to when i have both the hdmi and the standard av cable plugged in... any more info would be appreciated thanks for the reply btw

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »

Do the actual hack, where you cut off all of the unneeded wires from the A/V plug. There are a couple tutoirals in the case/hardware modding forum that show all the pinouts so you know what to remove.