xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 74 1 Red Light  (Read 79 times)

nannou

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« on: April 29, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

it could be the av-cable if you are fortunate otherwise it could be the ana chip or the gpu! if it isn't the av-cable and if you have your waranty send it to m$

d2fmb

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(nannou @ Apr 29 2008, 06:27 PM) View Post

it could be the av-cable if you are fortunate otherwise it could be the ana chip or the gpu! if it isn't the av-cable and if you have your waranty send it to m$

dont have the warranty and the av cable works with another machine.  I ordered one of those heat guns off  amazon.

nannou

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

i'm going to use heat gun on mine in about... 3 minutes report back in a couple of hours

nannou

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:49:00 AM »

well i used the heat gun but i must have done something wrong she boots but it says it's overheating when it's actually pretty cool, going to loosen the screw and apply some more as5 sad.gif

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(nannou @ Apr 30 2008, 01:25 PM) View Post

well i used the heat gun but i must have done something wrong she boots but it says it's overheating when it's actually pretty cool, going to loosen the screw and apply some more as5 sad.gif

actually this will cause the opposite...
You have to use less thermal compound I guess and you have to tighten the screws up so that the heatsink gets good contact with the chip die...
Clean it from all AS5 until you get a mirrorfinish then use an amount of AS5 equal to the size of a ricegrain and evenly spread it over the whole die using a creditcard make sure you apply it to both chip dies of the GPU.
The finer the layer of the thermal compound the better it conducts the heat then make sure the heatsink is screwed tightly to the board. Then turn it on. If it still gets the 2 RLOD get the secondary error code as it might also be the RAM or the CPU...

To the other dude E74 is aproblem with the connection of the GPU to the scaler-chip, this tutorial clearly eyplains what to do make sure you read all the posts up to page 2 at least as there are some useful hints. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=646900

Good luck

d2fmb

• Archived User
Error 74 1 Red Light
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Apr 30 2008, 01:45 PM) View Post

actually this will cause the opposite...
You have to use less thermal compound I guess and you have to tighten the screws up so that the heatsink gets good contact with the chip die...
Clean it from all AS5 until you get a mirrorfinish then use an amount of AS5 equal to the size of a ricegrain and evenly spread it over the whole die using a creditcard make sure you apply it to both chip dies of the GPU.
The finer the layer of the thermal compound the better it conducts the heat then make sure the heatsink is screwed tightly to the board. Then turn it on. If it still gets the 2 RLOD get the secondary error code as it might also be the RAM or the CPU...

To the other dude E74 is aproblem with the connection of the GPU to the scaler-chip, this tutorial clearly eyplains what to do make sure you read all the posts up to page 2 at least as there are some useful hints. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=646900

Good luck

Thanks for the help.  I am gonna have to wait to do this till school lets out and I  go home and have my tools.  Hopefully it works.