xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdmi Cable Doesnt Look As Good As Hd Component Set  (Read 52 times)

v3rb

• Archived User
Hdmi Cable Doesnt Look As Good As Hd Component Set
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

I bought a hdmi cable for xbox 360 and plugged it in and wasnt satisfied with the results thought it was a bad cable so i tried another hdmi cable same thing, the blacks have lines and and small boxes and whatever was on the screen before shows up on the next screen faded in the background its kinda weird, i checked all the settings in the dashboard all is good dont know what is going on, do i need to get the xbox 360 certified cable?

the tv is a 32" samsung lcd lns3251d the model number is.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(v3rb @ Dec 20 2007, 11:11 AM) *

I bought a hdmi cable for xbox 360 and plugged it in and wasnt satisfied with the results thought it was a bad cable so i tried another hdmi cable same thing, the blacks have lines and and small boxes and whatever was on the screen before shows up on the next screen faded in the background its kinda weird, i checked all the settings in the dashboard all is good dont know what is going on, do i need to get the xbox 360 certified cable?

the tv is a 32" samsung lcd lns3251d the model number is.

Don't bother with HDMI unless your TV is 1080p.

v3rb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

yea the thing is it only has one hd component out and i have a wii so i wanna run xbox on hdmi and wii on hd component.

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »

Sounds like a problem with your box not your cable... you dont need certified cables or anything, I use a super cheap monoprice cable and everything works fine.  It's 15 feet long and runs right next to a huge gob of electronics and shows no interference.

If you are experiencing shadows of previous images on screen it could your TV or the signal from your box, if you have a different HDMI source to test or a different TV that would be a good way to go.  Maybe bring your box over to your friends house and try it on their hdmi tv if possible.

My first guess would be TV having problems...

And as for the don't bother with hdmi unless you are doing 1080p that is some pretty weak advice...

Some TVs may perform significantly better over different sources depending on scalers and quality of components.  HDMI allows digital quality sound to be passed in the same cable, this could just be convenient and could be much better than the component option if you can then pass that digital sound to your surround receiver.  HDMI may also provide a clear picture in a situation where an analog signal receives interference and vice versa.

To say "only worry about HDMI if you do 1080p" is pretty silly... there are a lot of factors out there besides resolution.