xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Have To Re-download Divx Codec Everytime I Play One?  (Read 75 times)

AstroSaberIII

• Archived User
Have To Re-download Divx Codec Everytime I Play One?
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:19:00 AM »

I have 3 gamer profiles:
#1 for xbox LIVE
#2 for normal offline gaming
#3 for friends (no LIVE)

When I turn on the 360, it does not log on to any gamer profile - I have to manually select #1, #2, #3.

No gamer profile loaded I go to play a divx video clip, and I'm asked to download additional video content support.  I procede to log onto LIVE account #1 and download the divx support.  I check in System | Memory | HD | System Items.  I have the "Optional Media Update".  

Now I can play the divx clip.

Now if I shut off the 360, and turn back on and try to play the same divx clip, it tells me I do not have the media update, and I have to log back on and download it.  If I use gamer profile #2 or #3, it always asks me to redownload the additional media support before i can play divx also.  If I use gamer profile #1, the divx clip plays fine without asking for a download.

What gives??  I know this divx support is not gamer profile specific, and I don't have any parental controls setup either.  

Anyone else having this problem?

PS, yes I have the fall 07 dash update from Dec 04, 2007

lechill

• Archived User
Have To Re-download Divx Codec Everytime I Play One?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(AstroSaberIII @ Dec 20 2007, 12:19 PM) *

I have 3 gamer profiles:
#1 for xbox LIVE
#2 for normal offline gaming
#3 for friends (no LIVE)

When I turn on the 360, it does not log on to any gamer profile - I have to manually select #1, #2, #3.

No gamer profile loaded I go to play a divx video clip, and I'm asked to download additional video content support.  I procede to log onto LIVE account #1 and download the divx support.  I check in System | Memory | HD | System Items.  I have the "Optional Media Update".  

Now I can play the divx clip.

Now if I shut off the 360, and turn back on and try to play the same divx clip, it tells me I do not have the media update, and I have to log back on and download it.  If I use gamer profile #2 or #3, it always asks me to redownload the additional media support before i can play divx also.  If I use gamer profile #1, the divx clip plays fine without asking for a download.

What gives??  I know this divx support is not gamer profile specific, and I don't have any parental controls setup either.  

Anyone else having this problem?

PS, yes I have the fall 07 dash update from Dec 04, 2007

i have the same problem  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

edit:
Simple solution. Create a new Xbox Live account. Sign on to Xbox Live. Go to watch something and allow the download for the media update to happen. Sign out and delete the account from your HDD.

This post has been edited by lechill: Dec 20 2007, 02:36 PM