xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Signal But No Picture... Very Brief Sound  (Read 48 times)

KilluminatiStyle

• Archived User
Video Signal But No Picture... Very Brief Sound
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

I have one of my bosses 360's and it has a strange issue. No red lights on the ROL. When you press the power button, either on the controller or the console, it will do one of 2 things.

A.   It'll act like it's going to boot as normal... screen flickers when the video kicks in but you never see anything but black... also the audio only lasts about a second. Everything seems to be booting fine though... the ROL goes through it's process... you just never see or hear anything.

B.   This doesn't happen often but enough to mention considering it shouldn't be happening at all. When the power button is pressed the green center light on the ROL comes on but that's it... no other signs of a proper boot.

What's been tried thus far? 3 different power bricks and I think 6 different sets of video cables... both VGA and and standard RCA.

I've never seen any RED LIGHTS but I don't know how the console was behaving prior to me getting it... everyone at the owners house is playing dumb.

KilluminatiStyle

• Archived User
Video Signal But No Picture... Very Brief Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

Bumpage with more information.

Upon further inspection it appears as though the 360 isn't properly booting OR the controllers aren't being recognized as they should.

I can, as stated before, power on the console with the controller button. I cannot however power off the console in this fasion. Also, the console cannot be powered on with a wireless controller nor can it ever pick up a wireless controller. Once the console is turned on with a wired contoller plugged in, the ROL will do it's thing and then leave the 1P light on as it should. However, if you unplug the controller then plug it back in it doesn't get picked back up.

Also, a note to the MODS... if this should be in the GENERAL HARDWARE forum then please move it.