xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dell Ultrasharp 2407fpw Monitor - Shaky Picture  (Read 55 times)

JAYNO20

• Archived User
Dell Ultrasharp 2407fpw Monitor - Shaky Picture
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

I just bought that same monitor... how long did it take u to finally get it?

also are u using the component video cables? if so make sure the switch is set to HD... from what i've read thats the way to get the best picture, u CAN use the vga cord, but i read its not quite as pretty... i'd say try it and see what result u get. Let me know cause that monitor is coming to me soon (freaking november 27th ship date) :'(

Coconuts

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

It took just 36 hours for it to arrive, but them again i only live 20 miles from where Dell make their PC's here in Ireland so that probably helped  biggrin.gif
Yeah I'm using the component video cables and the switch is to HD but I still have this shaky picture problem. I also tried my cable and 360 on my mates 42" and it was a lot sharper so its not either of those thats at fault.
Will you let me know how your monitor goes when you get it because if it my monitor is at fault I'll have to return it. i don't want to ring Dell yet till I know for sure if it is the monitor is wrong.

fahrenheit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

Get yourself the 360 VGA cable and set the console to 1080p. Also set the monitor to 1:1.

Component is seriously compromised on this monitor (and other monitors like it). Mine shows all sorts of static noise. There is absolutely no excuse for you not to invest in the vga cable.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(fahrenheit @ Oct 31 2007, 06:19 PM) View Post

Get yourself the 360 VGA cable and set the console to 1080p. Also set the monitor to 1:1.

Component is seriously compromised on this monitor (and other monitors like it). Mine shows all sorts of static noise. There is absolutely no excuse for you not to invest in the vga cable.

QFT. VGA and 1:1 will make you one very happy gamer!!!

sternobread

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

I've got a Mitsubishi 58" DLP that does the same thing w/ 1080i over component. Very intermitently though. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. Never seem to see it w/ 720p signal. Oddly enough I also run my digital cable box @ 1080i over component, and never see this issue. That leads me to believe that the xbox is at least partially to blame for this issue. Maybe someone w/ more in depth experience with component signal could elaborate on what some possible causes might be...

wuzup101

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »

The problem with the 2407 is that it has a very poor de-interlacer.  Thus, any interlaced signal that you send it via component is going to be jittery.  I have a rev A02 that I bought in the summer of 2006.  I've had an HD-DVD player, 360, and HD STB hooked up to it.  Best results with the 360 were via VGA (though mine didn't have the 1:1 feature).  Best results for anything hooked up to the component inputs required a progressive signal at either 720p or 1080p.  Anything interlaced is going to look like that, sadly there is no way around it.