xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Headphones, Very Muted Sound  (Read 46 times)

Heebs

• Archived User
Using Headphones, Very Muted Sound
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »

I just played Winning 11 X.  The sound is nice and clear and audible through the same system.  Does that mean there is something wrong with Halo 3?

Bandit5317

• Archived User
Using Headphones, Very Muted Sound
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

Are you running the L and R audio signal through any kind of amplifier (like inputs on the LCD screen, if it has them, then plug the headphones into the headphone jack on the monitor), or do you just have your earbuds plugged directly into the RCA to headphone jack adapter? If it's not running through an amplifier, then you are only going to get the unamplified L and R audio signals, which is enough so that you can usually hear it through headphones, but it's going to be very soft in most cases. The only explanation I can think of for some games being louder than others is that they simply output louder (for lack of a better word) L and R signals. For example, when I play Call of Duty 2, I need to turn down the volume for it to be just as loud as the rest of my games, because I'm amplifying what is already an unusually strong signal compared to the rest of my games. The cheapest fix would be to buy a cheap set of amplified (they will have a seperate power source) computer speakers, run the audio signals into the speakers, then plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers. This will run the signal through the speakers' amplifier and allow you to control the volume using the volume switch on the speakers. It may also be possible to run the signal into the audio input on a computer's sound card, use the computer's volume control to boost the signal, and then plug your headphones into the audio output on the sound card, but I haven't tested this  wink.gif .