xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adding Composite Video Input Lcd To 360  (Read 84 times)

Bandit5317

• Archived User
Adding Composite Video Input Lcd To 360
« on: August 26, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

Download the XBOX 360 Motherboard Headers and Connector V1.4 documentation from this link:

http://www.llamma.co...x360/index.html

Sorry, it's a long list, but it's almost half-way down the page. The date for it is 03/05/06. That will have any A/V and power pinouts that you need. To answer your other question, you can run component for your TV and composite for your LCD screen at the same time, but you can't have the switch on the A/V cord switched to HDTV and have the composite for the LCD screen work at the same time. If you switch it to HDTV, then you will get the normal HDTV signal to your TV, but your LCD screen won't work at the same time. This is because that switch bridges 2 pins that tell the 360 what signal to send out of the A/V cord (and, obviously, to the pins). If you have any other questions, both me and Bimptacular have already done this. I'm sure that there are other people that could also help you in this forum. Here's where I put my LCD screen:

IPB Image

southkhaki19

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

I have this schematics for the pinouts for video on the board itself.

IPB Image

I see the composite pins. Which is the "+" and "-" of the Yellow video cord?? The middle is "+" correct? So all i have to do is have the xbox Component cables turned to "TV" instead of HDTV" (the little switch on Video cables) and solder the composite video cord to those 2 pins inside and it'll be able to run the video on both? Or is there more to that story? Thats for the help and i greatly appreciate any comments!! If this goes well i will make a nice picture TUT or possibly a video tut =)

Mr-Blackz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »

Hey Bandit5317 is that ur xbox in that pic coz nice work my friend did u follow a tut ? all by ur self?

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

here is what i did.....my internal lcd wip

and I used the power from under the power plug on the bottom of the mobo.......rike zis
IPB Image

if there is anything else I can help with dont hesitate to ask wink.gif

BIMP

southkhaki19

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

Wow.. thank you soooo much haha. You helped a lot bimp but i think you were trying to explain it in a weird way. Band you explained exactly how i needed it. He got me confused when he was talking about bridging and etc in his PM =/ And it finally clicked when you typed about the hdtv/tv switch that it will change the type of signal. I also noticed this when i was switching them to see what would happen. My tv would change from 1020 to 480p when you change the signal switch. =) GRACIAS ALL!!!!

Wow.. thank you soooo much haha. You helped a lot bimp but i think you were trying to explain it in a weird way. Band you explained exactly how i needed it. He got me confused when he was talking about bridging and etc in his PM =/ And it finally clicked when you typed about the hdtv/tv switch that it will change the type of signal. I also noticed this when i was switching them to see what would happen. My tv would change from 1020 to 480p when you change the signal switch. =) GRACIAS ALL!!!!

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »

how bout a pic?

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

that brown cable you are referring to is called a ffc (flat flexable cable) and they CAN be extended, but they can be a real biotch, in order to extend it you need to count the number of pins and find the pitch of the cable.....the pitch is found by taking the number of pins and measuring across the cable, and the pitch is the width in mm divided by the # of pins(most us a pitch of .5 or 1)

to find out more about this you can go to lumenlab forums and see how those guys do it with their DIY lcd projectors....there is a wealth of info about working with lcds there wink.gif

just a side note, i DO NOT suggest messing with that ffc cable, they are extremely fragile, and are almost impossible to repair

BIMP

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »

I'd say that's a great LCD to put into the 360. It's even thinner than mine, and bigger  biggrin.gif . If you want to mount it the way Bimp did, then you shouldn't have to modify anything on the internals of the 360. Just mount the controls in the space to the right of the CPU heatsink. If you wanted to mount it where I put mine, well it could be done, but it would be a pain in the... You get the point. Could you post a picture with the LCD and the control box next to your opened 360, just for reference.

southkhaki19

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »

I'll do you one up.. im about to re read where you suggested putting the controls and see if i can fit it in there AND i'll take pics of every possible place. The thing that sucks is that the Controls HAVE to be right next to the LCD because of that wire.. and the controls are pretty thick. I'll get back with pics in the next 30 min hopefully. (about to work on it now.)

southkhaki19

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

Well... scrape the project =/ UGH the f-ing lcd burnt out or something. Had a grey screen i think it might have made contact and shorted something out on the LCD graphics board.. what a waste man.. i had just found a way to put it in.. oh well. i thank everyone here for their help. Take care!

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

That sucks. That think looked expensive  unsure.gif . Well, you gave it a shot, and that's O.K. in my book. If you would like to still do this mod (not sure if I would want to after having something like that happen), then I can give you exact directions on how to install a 5" LCD screen the way mine is with stereo sound for about $60 (probably less) by using a sony psone 5" LCD screen. Check ebay, they're pretty dang cheap.

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

just google psone screen vga hack....... wink.gif .....that would be pretty slick in a 360

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »

well the reason i say to do the vga hack is because you can get the psone screen to accept higher resolutions......just a little sharper image than regular....and about the 7.5v, when i had my psone screen i built a projector out of it and the only psu that worked with the screen was the psu for the psone, any other 7.5v i tried scrambled the screen for some reason, but i think you could take that power supply out of its housing and fit it inside the 360, although i dont know where you would pull 110v from, i guess you would have to just use it externally.....the good news there is that when you take the screen apart you can take the power jack out of it and put it in the back of the 360 and make it look stock wink.gif

oh there is also a brightness hack for the psone screens

BIMP

southkhaki19

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

ah okay. well if you can get me that PSone tutorial i will try and write up a full Pic by Pic tut for the whole shi-bang (From Screen --> Install) Greatly appreciated!!!

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

Thanks for offering to take the pictures (I really don't want to open up that plate of spagetti again  biggrin.gif ). I should have the tut ready for you by tomorrow. I'll PM it to you (sorry it's taken a few days, I've been busy with school stuff lately, but now it's the weekend, so I have plenty of free time  biggrin.gif .
Pages: [1] 2