xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will A U.s. Ntsc Xbox 360 Work In The Uk?  (Read 75 times)

Eyedea

• Archived User
Will A U.s. Ntsc Xbox 360 Work In The Uk?
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »

???

Mr-Blackz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:53:00 AM »

Yes it will but the Tv will need to be multi system ( E.G Play NTSC and PAl which these days isnt hard to find unless its an old school TV) and i think you mite neeed a power converter. you will deffinaty need a adapeter that changes the way it plugs in but not sure if you will need a converter coz the US uses a Different Voltage to trhe UK hope this helps

king360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Eyedea @ Aug 15 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post

I have a friend heading over to the UK for a bit and he has an Xbox 360 that he purchased here in the States (NTSC).

What I'm wondering is if that NTSC 360 will even work in the UK, which I'm assuming is using PAL?

I've done some searches around the web and found most of the topics focus around PAL games working on NTSC Xboxs but nothing that really speaks to an NTSC system/game working on what I believe will be a PAL TV (that is what UK uses, correct?).

Many thanks in advance.

A NTSC 360 will work in the UK if u use a 220v to 110v stepdown (which your mate can get from http://www.maplin.co.../?C=YKW&U=Brand when he is in the UK) he will also need to have a TV/Monitor which can accept a NTSC signal or he can get a NTSC to PAL video converter.

Mr-Blackz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

there you go i thought u needed the power converter good luck with everything

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

I concur with what most people are saying here

Europe uses 240V @50Hz mains power while the USA uses 120V @60Hz mains power so the power converter is vitally necessary (and you'll seriously damage something if you don't convert it) Alternativly you could get a new European Power supply for the 360. the power coming out of the supply and going into the main unit is the same for all regions, it's just the mains input that's different.

As for Video in Standard Definition Europe uses 576i @50Fps and USA uses 480i @60Fps... for HD standards they use the same resolution and I believe all European HDTVs are required to support 60Hz which would make them compatible with USA consoles.

Also note that your friend will likely not be able to access portions of the USA Xbox Live Marketplace because they filter by IP region not by where you specified your home country... Simply connecting from a European IP pegs you as a European even if you told the system you're an American.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »

yes online play will not be effected... it's mostly just the market place because MPAA and RIAA types are anal retentive about regional licenses  dry.gif