xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Expert Consultance  (Read 39 times)

Ramzinho

• Archived User
Need Expert Consultance
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

Well I Asked before for the Creative ddts-100 which seems creative labs has dinscontinued their best product for no reason...

Now i need consultance with MY Issue

I got XboX 360
Creative 5.1 Speakers with 1/8" analog output
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4

I saw the Creative Digital I/O Module Which has a coaxial and optical input and Outputs...

If i get this piece will i be able to connect my 360 to this module getting out Real Surround Sound...

I Know u would say buy a home theatre or the Pioneer 5.1 for xbox... Ok i am can afford that but they are not available in egypt and i will pay 120$ for shipping which is way too much like 60% of the set's price

Wish U would help me cause if this Module will get out Surround... i am ordering it right away

Thanks everybody

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Need Expert Consultance
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

The Audigy 4 will likely work; however, your computer will need to be on for it to decode the surround sound. And since the Audigy installs inside your computer this means that your computer will need to be close to your Xbox 360. Also all of your PC sounds will come out through the surround sound as well.

Basically you'd be plugging your 360 into your PC and then your PC would output to your speakers.

not the best solution but if those shortcomings are acceptable to you then that's that.