xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Elite Long?  (Read 74 times)

C o s m o

• Archived User
Elite Long?
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

I picked-up an elite this week.  It does seem to take a little longer.  My guess is that it's the HDCP "handshake" taking place.  Twistedsymphony knows a helluva lot about this stuff.  He may breeze in and confirm or shoot me down smile.gif

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Elite Long?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

My elite takes longer to boot up when using HDMI than it does compared to component.

FahadSaid

• Archived User
Elite Long?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

That's probably because of the authorization taking place. C o s m o is probably right.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
Elite Long?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

Absolutely. It is the Handshake, my Elite takes a bit longer also. It also depends on if you have your TV turned on when you boot the 360 or not. it will generally be faster if the display in already turned on and set to the proper HDMI input before turning on the Elite.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Elite Long?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

it is likely the handshake and as SphtKr76 said it also depends on your display.

Your display can take a while to initialize the HDCP handshake and in turn slow down the xbox 360's boot process.

I don't have an Elite so I can't say for sure but if there are any options available to disable HDCP you should do it... as of right now no content requires it and no games ever will.

The few HDMI devices I do have either don't have HDCP or have it disabled and they fire up just as quick as component or VGA... enabling HDCP turns them into a slog.