xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 480p All Messed Up  (Read 48 times)

blame canada

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »

Firstly, I wouldn't usually post a new thread unless I'm completely stumpted so, yea, I'm completely lost right now. I've got a 27" tv that will do 480p via component (my xbox1 works 100% via 480p), but my xbox 360 refuses to run 480p. The picture is all blurry, is split in 1/2 down the middle at an angle, is constantly shacking from the right/left a little bit (after a few seconds it gives you a reallllly bad headache), and the colors are all off. After about 30 seconds the picture somewhat "settles" down, but is still split in half and off-color. I've checked my 360's settings and it says it is in normal (not widescreen) and is 480p so I don't know if it's my tv or my 360. I've checked that all the cables are correct (green, blue, red) and nothing helps. The xbox is completely stock (no firmware mods) and has the latest spring update on it. It isn't a HUGE deal if I can't get it to work, but it would be nice if I could.

Thanx wink.gif

Quick update: Games work much better than the dash, but they are still a litle shakey and it's still split down the middle. Now also have pics:
Pics of whats goin on, click for larger image:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

XxEriCxX

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

mmm... my guess is u got a wrong plug in your tv or tv switch is on AV or... your running the tv wrong to xbox i really cant say because i dont have hd  sad.gif

BrooksyX

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »

Do you have the xbox 360 video video plugin switch set as HD or TV?

My Big Screen is a few years old so it only supports up to 480p, if i set the switch to HD using the component cables the image doesn't even show up. But if I set it to TV the image looks great. Have you tried changing the switch?

FahadSaid

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

Notice in the first post, XBOX1 works fine on 480P, so it's not stupidity or TV problems. More like a 360 problem.

BrooksyX

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(FahadSaid @ May 21 2007, 01:16 PM) View Post

Notice in the first post, XBOX1 works fine on 480P, so it's not stupidity or TV problems. More like a 360 problem.

What are you talking about, there is a little switch on the video cable that plugs into the 360. The switch can be set to HD or TV. It has nothing to do with his tv, it tells the 360 what kind of signal to send out.

blame canada

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

Haven't tried switching it to TV, but I thought "TV" meant the Y/R/W and only does 480i? I'll try switching it to TV later and post back probably tommorow. I've had my 360 run 720p through a VGA cable so I'm 99% sure it's not an issue with outputting HDTV signals. My guess is it's the TV or the cable uhh.gif

blame canada

• Archived User
480p All Messed Up
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »

Holy shit, it was the switch lol. Flipped it to "TV", booted it up and the oh so nice 480p (well, it's not that nice but its beter than 480i tongue.gif ) picture came up.

My last question though, since it's in "TV" mode wouldn't it only output 480i just via component?

Thanx brooks biggrin.gif