xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X360 With A Pc Monitor  (Read 107 times)

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »

I was just wondering if it is possible to play the 360 through a PC monitor.  If so what would the set-up be?  Would you need a video card that supports A/V for the 360 cable to hook up into or what?  I'd like to accomplish this with the help of anyone having experience and/ or knowledge in doing so.  It would eliminate me having to clutter up my desk with a TV to play live or watch a downloaded movies.  I hope this can be done with the correct devices or peripherals.  Your comments are welcome anytime, thanks.

blame canada

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

To connect directly to a monitor just buy the VGA cable (microsoft makes one, but there are many 3rd party ones as well). If you want to run it through a PC to monitor then you would need a capture card and vga output (either onboard motherboard or on a video card).

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »

Hey thanks for the speedy reply "blame canada".  I'll do that right now dude, thanks a million!

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

Well I have a big problem now; being that there's no VGA input on the back of my CRT.....awe maaaan!  I was certain that there was one, but nope it's not.  Is it possible to still implement a work around to achieve this?  I've searched on the market for the right type of video card as well.  If there is one out there for this reason. I would greatly appreciate it very much.

blame canada

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

Yeup, I run the exact setup above ^. Goes Monitor > VGA male cable from monitor > female/female connector > VGA cable for 360 > xbox 360. Works like a charm. Btw for a cheap connector, check this: http://www.monoprice...at=1#largeimage

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

Well my monitor only has the one male 15 pin plug comming off and the power cord.  I've accomplished the setup explained by M4xx, but having trouble witht the sound.  The picture is great but I'm not sure of how to get the sound being that I have a different audio jack.  I need to determine what is the ground and what's the hot.  I couldn't find that exact audio jack that's used in the TUT.  My jack has 3 legs comming off on the rear with a hole in the middle one.  The end legs are straight down without any holes in them.  I'm not sure of what to solder and where to achieve the sound using this jack.  I got it out of an old DVD ROM hoping it would be the same as what was in the tut.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

Thanks but that's not quite what I'm dealing with here.  I'm performing the "VGA port to 360" by utilizing the tut by "G0T M4XX 21".  I was explaining that everything is done exept a little trouble with the audio soldering points.  I finally got the sound to come out of my Altec Lansings and it sounds great with the bass bottom.  Now after everything is reassembled; I'm getting a "CHECK SIGNAL CABLE" message and my screen is all ghosting now.  I think it might be one of the wires may have come loose or so.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
X360 With A Pc Monitor
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

Thanks for all the help guys. I finally got it all up and running with an additional 60mm fan as well.  It would have been alot easier if all newer monitors were manufactured with a female monitor input connector.  This would allow you to plug the VGA cable right up to it from the 360. Like the new plasma screens, some are manufactured with that PC monitor input connector. Only if PC monitors were the same....huh!