xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Microsoft prepping component to HDMI adapter?  (Read 400 times)

HaveMusic

• Archived User
Microsoft prepping component to HDMI adapter?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

We can argue this all day. Component over HDMI or vise versa. What it comes down to, is that people want 1080P because they are told its better.

I have a 1080P tv, It won't accept it over component just 1080I, but will over VGA with a dvi adapter, but not full screen it wants a digital input for that.  The point here is my Mitsi tv looks as good with component at 1080I as it does at 1080p VGA, and Hdmi doesn't seem to make much difference either. The only reason I bought the 1080P tv is I got it cost.

HDTVs can display any video signal. For a 1080p HDTV, even the high quality 720p and 1080i HDTV signals being broadcast need to be reformatted in order to fill the TV screen with a sharp, clear picture. Mitsubishi developed Plush1080p™ technology to do just this—with the highest quality possible. It scales the picture precisely, with minimal side effects. And 1080i, currently the most common form of HDTV signal, is spectacular at 1080p. The conversion is precise, resulting in previously unachievable detail and clarity. In short, Plush1080p™ technology makes everything else look better on a 1080p HDTV.

solid12345

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

I have a Sony 32 inch LCD Bravia TV. At first I was using component cables for my HD channels. Then I switched to HDMI. Now as someone who has watched everything from VCD's to Divx files to HD, seen all sorts of visual artifacts, clunky compression, etc. I can firmly say...

There is little to no damn difference between component and HDMI.

Now there is nothing wrong with preference, but I get tired of the fanboys who think it is like comparing the quality of old LP's to CD's, it's not.

EMoNey1

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

I have to agree.  I see no picture difference between using HDMI and component.  HDMI is nice because of the audio also traveling through it, but sucks because of DRM and the price.  I think I will be sticking with component.  And I have a 32" Olevia LCD TV.  I use 720p resolution.  My parents have a Sony Bravia 40" and I see no difference between using HDMI and component on their TV either.
Pages: 1 2 [3]