xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graphic Problems :|  (Read 53 times)

Boiker

• Archived User
Graphic Problems :|
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

Well, this is a problem i get especially on Project Gotham 3, but it also happens on GRAW (sometimes, but hardly ever). What happens is after about 20 mins of playing I get strange shapes on the screen. There are a number of these problems:

- A wall across the track
 - Track will go see through
 - Triangular spikes, loads of different colours
 - Green lines across and up and down the screen
 - A lot of the time it is the scenery such as a fence that extends in abnormal and strange ways
 - Cars go see through

Up until now I have put this down to a heat issue, as pointing a fan infront and to the side of the 360 seems to blow some of the hot air from the back of the box away to cool it down. With this I still get the problem, but no where near as bad, without it, its unplayable  sad.gif

Anyone else experienced anything remotely similar? And does this sound like a heat problem? N.B I have never had the 360 hang or anything like that, just a complete of disc read errors.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

The first time it happened i was on GRAW for about an hour before it started. On PGR3 it happens within 20 minutes.  No red lights as of yet, if that happens its time to break out the warranty  cool.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

thats part of the reason i go ta new box from MS.. id do it now, before you have to pay 130 bucks

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

before you contact M$, try o place the console & power adaptor elsewhere, like open area or whatever. see if it heats up...

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

I've done all that before, it works a little better. I soon forgot that it works better when the power unit has more  room. I'll give that a try before I get another one, I've got a 2 year warranty with M$ and a 1 year with Game so I'm alright there for now.

Cheers for the help. Just out of interest, how would I go about getting a new 360? Take it to the shop? Or get in touch with M$ on the phone?

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

it is your system for sure, when i had my faulty unit, i would get blue artifacts all over the screen while playing PDZ and then it would freeze.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Damaso @ Aug 8 2006, 05:01 PM) View Post

mine did that once and never again after it happened, so maybe just wait and see.

Its been doing it since about may! lol

I also found out today that a restart helps a lot with this. I still need to use a fan to blow away the hot air from the back on PGR.

I think thats the problem with the heat, the fans just dont push the air far enough out, it just sits near the back of it, and heats it up.