xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Playback Question  (Read 127 times)

langlest

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« on: June 18, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »

is it true that playing dvd movies on the 360 can damage your lazer/dvd drive? since the update i have tried a few movies & been impressed with the image quality but im worried about useing it as my primary dvd player

dskid807

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

no i have played hundreds with no failiure

C o s m o

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

It's not going to "damage" your laser, but it does cause additional, and some would say unneccessary, wear on the laser.  Some would rather use a DVD player specifically for movies as to not cause the additional wear on their console.

langlest

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jun 19 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post

It's not going to "damage" your laser, but it does cause additional, and some would say unneccessary, wear on the laser.  Some would rather use a DVD player specifically for movies as to not cause the additional wear on their console.

thats what i was worried about, i dont watch a lot of movies so i think ill just stick with the 360, once a month should be ok, thanks for the help

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

Use the system for all its worth.  I've had the same xbox 1 for 4 yrs, and played games and watched movies heavily on it for all 4 yrs and nothing has gone wrong yet.

VinnySem

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Question
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

I concurr with Foe-Hammer. I'm using my 360 for everything, gaming, DVD movies, pictures, music, anything it can do. Get your money's worth out of it.

The only reason I still have a DVD player hooked up is for the kids, they are not allowed to touch the 360 or anything associated with it. It's MINE MINE MINE MINE, ALL MINE!!! I'm a greeedy little miser...