xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360: V-Sync Issues Demystified  (Read 241 times)

decapkris

• Archived User
Xbox 360: V-Sync Issues Demystified
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »

I have been using my 360 on my Medion 8ms monitor and have seen no v-sync issuse on the dashboard or during the games  I own wich are, COD2 PD0, Farcry, halo1&2 and every demo available.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

Well I don't own GRAW so I can't exactly check for tearing  tongue.gif

I do own PDZ... I haven't played much of it but I don't remember seeing any tearing.

The FIRST time I remember seeing it was when I downloaded the NFS demo, and I saw it again when I downloaded the Blazing Angels demo.  Both times I only saw the screen tear two or three times over a 15 minute period.

Maybe my display just handles it better? I don't know

For references here are the games I own or have played through
Amped 3
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (CE)
Full Auto
Kameo: Elements of Power
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Perfect Dark Zero (LE)
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ridge Racer 6
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

RR6 and PDZ haven't got much play but I haven't noticed any screen tearing on any of the above games.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

The best example of screen tearing for me would be when the guide slides out.  It's torn in several places and looks looks choppy as hell.  mad.gif

Skyblast

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

I have a ViewSonic 27" LCD HDTV, 360 is going through the component(and no switchbox so thats not an issue), and I see tearing here and there. The guide always slides out bad. That is.. when it doesn't lock up period, heh. I see lots of horrible tearing in GRAW... especially in online multiplayer. My other games I haven't played in so long I can't remember, but I know in DoA4 I see tearing occasionally in the movies, but not in the game, now that's messed up.  blink.gif

DWells55

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »

Twisted, I think that page tearing is just something your eyes can't notice.  A lot of people have more sensitive eyes to this.  For example, a lot of my friends can't tell the difference between a 60Hz CRT and 85 HZ.  I can tell between 75 and 85Hz and can't stand anything under 85.  Might be similar with you not noticing tearing.

I think the issue here is that developers can't code for the 360 and wind up with subpar framerates so they turn off V-Sync for another 3 or 4 frames.  It's sad, I've been totally underwhelmed by the graphics anyways (except for GRAW).

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

my eyes are pretty sensitive... I'm the same way with refresh rates... my CRTs used to be cranked as high as possible... eventually moved to LCDs because it wasn't enough. I can easily see rainbows on most DLP displays too.

I can honestly say I've NEVER seen the Xbox guide tear... Nor have I seen DOA4 tear (even went on the other day and did everything I could to try to get it to do something like that).

I HAVE seen screen tearing, it's pretty obvious when it does happen.

I think this has a lot to do with the displays being used though... I wouldn't be surprised if some displays were worse then others.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

oh I think it does, I never once get screen tearing on my old ass Tube TV. but then again the picture sucks. but at least it is consistently smooth

my 17" lcd monitor on the other hand does show some tearing but rarely(not counting demo's)

LivHard

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(ensaynexotics @ Jun 7 2006, 12:18 AM) View Post

i totally agree with whatever the hell you said

laugh.gif
Yea Second that !

antony

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

glad i have found this post!!!! i knew there was defo a problem to do with the way the 360 was built. i have had 1 new 19" tft monitor replaced, bought a new 32" lcd tv, had to get the firmware updated on the 32" lcd tv, had to drive to my nearest store to get my 360 swapped all cos they 360 support line dont know what they are on about even though this post explaines one of their men have been interviewed about the problem!!!! its wasted my time and money trying to get something sorted out that MS clearly know about!
my GRAW was the first game i notice this page tearing on it really bad!!! you think after all the tests the 360 goes through they would have sorted this very noticeable page tearing that looks really bad when you first use the brand new machine.
Some people have saved there hard ernt cash to buy a 360 that should be state of the art tech but from what i have read on many posts there has been no end of problems with the console.
I can put up with this tearing but it does look really bad and when i buy something i would want it to be 100% satisfied with what i have bought which i am not.
most games are £50 like the GRAW which is a very good game but really let down on the tearing so my £50 which is quite alot of money should be money well spent!!!
hope they can sort this problem, its a real let down to the system.
Pages: 1 [2]