xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Home Theater Speakers: Which Ones to Get?  (Read 393 times)

Deekstar

• Archived User
Home Theater Speakers: Which Ones to Get?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

Pioneer 600W 5.1-Channel Home Theater System for Xbox 360.
Model: HTS-GS1
 also got this one fantastic sound all round got settings for everything also if your to lazy to run cables you can set up virtual surround using all the speakers at the front of the room got pioneer stuff in the car so thought why not cost me £150 ($300) from www.play.com price may have gone up though its also got the cool remote that does your xbox as well and lots of other connectivity options

Click

licenz2kill

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Do a little reasearch on KLIPSCH. they have the best sounding equiptment i have ever heard. KLIPSCH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could say im a fanboy.

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(licenz2kill @ Apr 26 2007, 12:08 AM) View Post

Do a little reasearch on KLIPSCH. they have the best sounding equiptment i have ever heard. KLIPSCH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could say im a fanboy.

I have a klipsch center channel, powered sub, and surrround speakers..  they are the best.. but cost $800-$1200 for em... mine were free smile.gif thanks my old job,....

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

I'm running a custom KLH setup that I did on a very low budget. Bookshelf speakers on front L and R channels- $20 for the pair. A nice little 4-channel center speaker- $30. Satellites in the rear that I got on a huge sale- $30 for the pair (dropped down from $90). 125 watt 12 inch subwoofer- $80; The sub is definetely the greatest value item that I have in my HT. It makes smoother and lower bass than some $500-$600 JBL and Sonys that I've heard. I know they're knowhere near the top-end systems (my dad has an enormous custom JBL setup that sounds astonishing playing anything), but nothing gets near the value. I guess I'm a KLH fanboy. One thing that I see a lot of people doing is skimping on the wiring, both from the receiver to the speakers and from a device sending out the audio signal (like a DVD player) to the receiver. One of my friends parents has a $1500 Klipsch setup and he's using 22-guage speaker wire  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) . I would say use at least 16-guage all around, more preferably 14-guage for the front and center speakers. I was one of the people that did this, but when I redid my room, I switched to Acoustic Research 16-Guage wire, and the difference was immediately noticeable. Monster and Acoustic Research are awesome brands. Acoustic Research is usually a bit cheaper.

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »

I know this is an old topic but i thought i'd add my bit.

I used to have a logitech z2300 that my dad bought me for a christmas years ago. When setting up a system for my friends, i'd get em a z5300 which was very great, good sound and nice enough.

Sometime around when i got my 360, i upgraded to the logitech z5400. I LOVE it! Got it for AU$250 which is awesome, and it is one of the best small systems i have EVER heard. It has 1 6ch input (or 3 seperate stereos), 2 optical and a component. Oh, and a wireless remote unlike the cheaper models. I have read in this thread that music sounds bad from home theatre setups, but obviously mine is differently. I absolutely love the way it sounds out of this system. It can be cranked so loud, and it will remain clear. This system is a huge step up from logitechs crappy x 5.1 series. The system is awesome for gaming. I run the optical from the 360 and have dolby digital. I run the PC just into the stereo input and have it running on dolby plII music (the best preset).

Watching transformers on HD-DVD, with this thing cranked, the noise at 1 hour 56 mins in shakes the house. Like hwne i have it maybe 3/4 of the way up the whole way through, things are vibrating in my room and it sounds perfect. When the specific scene hits, this up the other end of the house are vibrating. I can seriously compare the setup in my room to the cinema, just obviously on a smaller scale. Im using a 40" samsung lcd.

Anyway, thats my input. This system rocks, but much to my disappointment, logitech has discontinued it, as they did with the 5300. I sent em a complaint email cos this is the perfect system. Now its a crappy 1 input wired remote gaming system (the g51) or the all out 5500.

Anyway, it rocks!

joeyj92077

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »

I would look into investing into some klipsh speakers. They cant even be blown using a really nice studio reciever. There more on the expensive side, but overall very loud + great quality sound.

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(joeyj92077 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:33 AM) View Post

I would look into investing into some klipsh speakers. They cant even be blown using a really nice studio reciever. There more on the expensive side, but overall very loud + great quality sound.

The power handling rating on the speakers and the power output on the receiver determines whether or not they can be blown, and that applies for all speakers. But yah, they are great speakers.

jlgent

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

If you need any JBL good quality 12" subwoofers I have them. Speakers only 250W that I sell for $125 ea. The Subwoofer E250P system and specs are here:

http://manuals.harma.....,P12SW sm.pdf

swaneejuggalo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »

i have svs speakes sbs scs o1 and sub pb12nsd  its a 5.1 setup with denon 2808 reciever and it sounds great i did like others have and pieced it together over time

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

I've got a 7.1 Pioneer Reciever kickin out the power to a 7.1 setup that consists of a Yamaha 5.1 box system with a 150w sub and small surrounds, with a set of large KLH floor speakers up front (yeah not the best frequency response, but their bass response is pretty good).  I ran this setup for a long time with a 27 Inch Sanyo HDTV and it was still quite immersiver - recently upgraded to a 40" Sammy flat panel, which makes it all that more fun.

Anyways, long story short, we initially paid only around $500 for the reciever and speakers, but did end up getting nearly 50% off of retail prices as my wife was a Bestbuy employee at the time - I'd say retail on it all was around $900 - when we got it, we had only paid $200 for our Sanyo TV on clearance @ walmart - but it was still a great system that my buddies enjoyed coming over and playing games/watching movies.

Sound changes everything - along with a good CALIBRATION of that sound - invest in a sound meter and it will astound you at how much better everything sounds when you have the channels correctly adjusted.

Now granted, my setup doesn't sound nearly as good as my brother-in-laws Dennon/Deffinative setup, but in contrast, he did spend at least $3000 more than me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Rustmonkey: Apr 12 2008, 07:08 PM

thomasz

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »

I had the same problem, but I'm not sure how I have solved the problem.

xbox360king

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »

I Use A Phillips HTS3400 purchased At Walmart 3 Years Ago It Is 700 Watt System With Dvd Progressive scan It Sounds Great With The Xbox And Music And When Purchased it Was Only 199.95 new From Walmart

Soleil He

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 02:29:00 AM »

I found www.geminideal.comis a very useful website,where there are all kinds of electronical gadgets.Maybe you can have a try.
Pages: 1 2 [3]