xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Surround Sound  (Read 69 times)

JKD

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« on: May 04, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

For just normal surround sound is there an option to select dolby por logic or dolby pro logic 2.

If you want dolby DIGITAL then you must use a digital optic cable and a 360 lead with a optic out, I belive that the advance scart lead, hd lead and maybe the offcial vga lead has a optic out on them.

2 = Two channels (left and right)  .1 = sub

So all your getting at the moment is 2 channels spread over all the speakers, if it says it supports dd then check for an optic out port/jack on the back.

Hope this helps

inc3

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

JKD,
the outputs look like miniplug cables and it comes with three RCA conversors so you can use it on the TV for example.

Like this:
IPB Image

It says it supports dolby digital 5.1, but I'm thinking I need a sound card or a tv that have those 3 RCA entried for sound, am I right? If so then I simply can't have surround sound on the 360 with this home theater?

saspro

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

Hi there, I'm assuming you mean it's got 3 inputs.

The inputs it's got are for a PC soundcard that's got 6 outputs and supports dolby digital decoding.

To use the 360 with it it needs to have an optical input on the surround system.

inc3

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(saspro @ May 4 2006, 03:22 PM) View Post

Hi there, I'm assuming you mean it's got 3 inputs.

The inputs it's got are for a PC soundcard that's got 6 outputs and supports dolby digital decoding.

To use the 360 with it it needs to have an optical input on the surround system.

Isn't there any other way I could have surround sound on the 360 with this home theater then? Some kind of conversor or whatever?

Also, how exactly an optical input looks like? I thought the audio output cable from the 360 is RCA only, isnt it?

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

Could you post-up the model number of the home theater system you have?  It would make all this alot easier and more definitive.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

I have the exact same problem. I have a Kenwood KRF-V5090D. Im using a optical cable for mine but it just has the L and R lights on instaed of the L, R, SR, SL and SW lights on.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ May 6 2006, 11:54 PM) View Post

I have the exact same problem. I have a Kenwood KRF-V5090D. Im using a optical cable for mine but it just has the L and R lights on instaed of the L, R, SR, SL and SW lights on.

Because you are hearing audio, we can deduct that you have everything properly connected.  Have you changed your audio settings in the 360 from stereo to dolby digital ?   Also, I'm not sure how your reciever functions, but can you manually enable your speakers and/or surround sound features?

amb7247

• Archived User
Surround Sound
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

You may find a DVD player that has a receiver bult into the DVD player as an all-in-one type unit. The purposee of an A/V receiver for sound is to take the signal the DVD player puts out, convert that signal to sound and sends that signal to all the proper speakers, which produces surround sound. A DVD player can put out just L/R but most cannot do surround sound decoding on the fly.