xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Buy A Hdtv  (Read 56 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Trying To Buy A Hdtv
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

well i tried to order this TV but when i called to check the status of the order they said it was sold out, so they suggested this TV and other then this bad review i havent seen anything else on the net about this TV.  i dont know if the only difference is this model doesnt come with a tuner (which i dont need nor care for) and this reviewer just doesnt like samsungs or if this TV really isnt all its cracked up to be.  also unlike the first TV i wanted, i cant find any specs on whether or not this TV accepts 720p, all i keep reading is that the native is 480p/1080i which i already knew.  

i really really hate to keep bothering people here but any and all help would be really great.  i cant access many sites at work and if i need to, ill just cancel my order and get the TV from another site.  thank you again.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Trying To Buy A Hdtv
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

Well from what I gather it does NOT accecpt 720p (from my experience only CRTs WITH tuners do).
ZD net had a few reviews... and yeah that review you found the guy definitly had it out for Samsung (the fact that he refered to Sony as "reliable" should have tipped you off that he was full of it  tongue.gif )

http://reviews-zdnet...06693&tag=uolst

KAGE360

• Archived User
Trying To Buy A Hdtv
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

thank you very much my friend.  i figured it may not accept 720p and even though i know i can use the 360 to upscale to 1080i, i still rather have a HDTV that at least accepts 720p.  i just dont want any problems down the line.  

ok well that settles it, if they cant give me any good news about the TV i originally ordered before i leave work then i will just cancel my order and find it at another site, any suggestions?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Trying To Buy A Hdtv
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

Froogle turned up this:
http://www.bhphotovi...list&sku=384950

good store rating and a better price then your other site (no idea on shipping costs though).

KAGE360

• Archived User
Trying To Buy A Hdtv
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

thanks again, however i found this site that is a few bucks cheaper after shipping and the shipping time is the same.  thanks again man