xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Plasma Any Good For Use With The Xbxo360?  (Read 114 times)

DaForce

• Archived User
Is This Plasma Any Good For Use With The Xbxo360?
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

No-one ??

sad.gif

Lpk32187

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »

I didn't read it all but it sounds like it has a burn in which is common threw most plasmas playing video games.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

I would have run away the second I saw those "weird pixels".

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

Yeah, it sounds like burn-in. Did you actually buy this set, or did you take your 360 to the shop and test it out on the TV? If you did this then the burn-in is probably due to it being a display model.

I have a Dell 42" plasma and burn-in was an initial concern for me, but manufacturering methods have changed and burn-in, although still a problem, isn't as big a deal as it was when the 1st plasmas came out. The initial 100 hours on the TV are the critical times. Mine has more than that now, and I've played Oblivion for more than 2 hours at a time and I've never experienced burn-in.

I took a look at the Aussie Dell site, but I see that they don't sell the Dell plasmas there. That's a shame cos you can get really good deals on them. I saved almost $1000 CAD on my set from Dell, and it has inputs galore on it.

Kraptreon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

Plasmas are not that good, they tend to have a shorter life spand. get a DLP they are cheaper and don't burn

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

To each his own, but I'm a firm believer in LCD panels for gaming.  It's a good thing you tested your 360 out first.  Try out different styles and brands.  When you find something that looks good to you, do some research, weigh the pro's and cons, and make your own decision.

sunkist

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

Had a plasma for 3 yrs, been gaming on it since the first min, no burn-in, screen is as bright as new, working like a champ.