xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Hdmi Cable Confirmed!  (Read 238 times)

Potato_salad

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Hdmi Cable Confirmed!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

Ahhh! So ,what does that do then?   Does it like , make wireless AV senders show in HD on HD TVs ,and have less video delay? huh.gif

RadATI

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Potato_salad @ Mar 19 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

Ahhh! So ,what does that do then?   Does it like , make wireless AV senders show in HD on HD TVs ,and have less video delay? huh.gif

ah... JA JA SI SI

100% Digital!!!  muhaha.gif

Potato_salad

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

Oh....   ,now I get it. ...I think. blink.gif

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

Composite<S-Video<Component<DVI<HDMI

HDMI is simply another new connection. Only instead of just being video like DVI, it has audio too.

BTW to LESTAT. They sell TV's at WalMart now that have HDMI connectors on them. I've been thinking about getting one. It's new just like component was several years ago. Pretty soon, it'll be common place technology since ALL TV's will eventually be digital. Now they have a $600 32inch Sanyo/GE at WalMart that supports resolution up to 1080i and has an HDMI input... I've been seriously considering it now that I have a 360 and full support through my computer's video card. Anyway, my point is your little rant was unnecessary.

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

its called www.google.com  USE IT!!!  muhaha.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

The reason we want HDMI is because when HD-DVD is out in the marketplace, we will need HDMI.  Read any one of TwistedSymphony's hundreds of posts about HD-DVD and the DVD consortium.  HD-DVD will be written in such a way that without wither DVI or HDMI, we won't be able to view HD-DVDs. HDMI will be required for us to watch HD-DVD movies.

celicagt1993

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »

ok, then here's my 2 quesiton...  I know that HDMI has audio going through it, will it be able to convert to DVI and still keep the security?   if so, what about audio?  currently i have a sony 52" tv that has dvi, and i'm using an optical 5.1 sound system, i know that my tv is hdcp (too lazy to look it up and can't remember the exact name of it) for the security, but i don't want to have to buy a new tv just for this.  any ideas?

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(celicagt1993 @ Mar 20 2006, 03:09 AM) View Post

ok, then here's my 2 quesiton...  I know that HDMI has audio going through it, will it be able to convert to DVI and still keep the security?   if so, what about audio?  currently i have a sony 52" tv that has dvi, and i'm using an optical 5.1 sound system, i know that my tv is hdcp (too lazy to look it up and can't remember the exact name of it) for the security, but i don't want to have to buy a new tv just for this.  any ideas?

The HDCP will be fine if you convert from HDMI to DVI (it's still all digital, so no worries smile.gif )
DVI does not carry audio, so you'll need to keep your toslink cable for surround sound.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

I think cosmo answered these questions well  smile.gif

oh and Potato_salad next time you have a question like that Just read the damn sticky... I try to answer all the basic questions people might ask in the stickies...

moving to AV Technical...

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

I think we all knew that when the HD-DVD hit we would get the HDMI cable, which is great... less cables and it free's up a component input on my TV.  The real question now is, when will the HD-DVD drive be released?  Content should be hitting shelves this month...

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

Another question is, with the HDMI cable, will we be able to select a wide range of resolutions like the VGA cable or will we still be limited to 720p and 1080i like with the component cables?

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 20 2006, 10:06 AM) View Post

I think we all knew that when the HD-DVD hit we would get the HDMI cable, which is great... less cables and it free's up a component input on my TV.  The real question now is, when will the HD-DVD drive be released?  Content should be hitting shelves this month...

Thats why i want it, too many component cables, i hate having to switch them, would be nice for the 360 to go to the HDMI port

Potato_salad

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Mar 20 2006, 04:11 AM) View Post

The reason we want HDMI is because when HD-DVD is out in the marketplace, we will need HDMI.  Read any one of TwistedSymphony's hundreds of posts about HD-DVD and the DVD consortium.  HD-DVD will be written in such a way that without wither DVI or HDMI, we won't be able to view HD-DVDs. HDMI will be required for us to watch HD-DVD movies.

Ahh ,Ok I get it now! Thanks!! smile.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(thax @ Mar 20 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

Unfortunately the HDMI interface is for the HD-DVD drive only. It is highly likely that the accessory will have a custom patch cable that will take the analog output from the console and input it into the HD-DVD accessory. The HD-DVD drive can then encode the analog signal for transmission over HDMI. The end result is component quality over an HDMI connection.

Most people probably cannot tell the difference anyway, they will simply think they are getting a better picture quality.

Let me know if I'm understanding what you wrote..... You think that the HDMI cable will plug into the HD-DVD drive itself? If that's what ur saying, I HIGHLY doubt that, lol. Because if that was the case, there would be NO point to hooking it up to the 360. It would be a standalone. Unless there's gunna be some retarded converter block of somesort that comes with this cable, I'm pretty sure it's all gunna be digital. I'm giving M$ the benefit of the doubt and say they wouldn't be so stupd as to not have this thing output in digital.

I'm wondering if they'll alow for upconverting of DVDs with this cable... prolly more wishfull thinking though. But it would be nice, lol.

And LESTAT.... ur an idiot. Of course everyone interested in this cable has fuckin' HDMI/DVI... otherwise they WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED! And I too have a reciever with 3 HDMI ins and out and a TV with DVI... answer all ur questions?  rolleyes.gif

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(LESTAT @ Mar 19 2006, 12:58 PM) View Post

you people and your HDMI

do you even have anything that uses hdmi ?  a tv ?  is it 1080p capable ?   no?  then wtf are you worried for.

do you have an A/V reciever that is HDMI capable ?  no  ?  guess what then your SOL  you'll be listening to all those kick ass 5.1 Dolby games thru your shitty tv speakers  in 2 channel stereo

do you have anything else in your household that does hdmi ?  no  then once again why even bother...

component or HDMI  your not going to increase the viaual quality unless you got one crappy set of compnent cables..

and no where have i read that the xbox360 is able to output a digital video signal

another reason why you have not seen a DVI connector...  although the ATI Chipset can do it.. i am not sure that its been said that it actually has been implemented in the architecture.

rolleyes.gif   one calbel vs 7 cables.   Let me think about this long and hard.  I will take the one cable.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3