xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Technical Question About The 360 And Monitor Resolutions..  (Read 71 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
A Technical Question About The 360 And Monitor Resolutions..
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

Menus and HUDs look worse then the other stuff because they're static sprites. Everything on your screen should look pixelated but since the HUDs and menus are static they're more noticeable.

LCDs are great so long as you're outputting to their native resolution. As soon as you got to a non-native resolution they tend to look like junk IMO.

Not much you can do about it really...

you could look into an external scaler with a better chip then whats in your monitor (about the price of a new monitor)
or you could get a new monitor...

or you could do nothing...

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

yeah, LCD's are a pain if the native resolutions are not met. the native resolution of your monitor is afair way off teh highest resolution that can be outputted by the xbox.

just as an idea, try teh highest possible widescreen resolution, and see if it looks any better then what you have it running at now.

please post back the results, as i have a lcd monitor thats native resolution is 1440 x 900. it is also higher and not matched by any reolution by the xbox. the results would be interesting.

cheers

shamsulaswad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

^^ do you use the lcd with your xbox? I have one of those agm cw-19 i got from newegg and set my resolution on xbox to be 13**X768. How's the picture on yours?

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(shamsulaswad @ Mar 3 2006, 01:04 AM) View Post

^^ do you use the lcd with your xbox? I have one of those agm cw-19 i got from newegg and set my resolution on xbox to be 13**X768. How's the picture on yours?

i had my xbox 1 playing on it through a homemade cable. it looked shit coz i could only get 640 x 480 out of it.

when i get my xbox 360 (in 18 days), ill be running it through the vga cable, probably at the higest setting. the resolutions wont match, but it should be livable

QUOTE(nellus @ Mar 3 2006, 04:26 AM) View Post

The games as they are played look top notch though. Im guessing the onboard 360 scaler is only working when the game is been played, and everything else is just been output at whatever setting your 360 is using. The reason im thinking this is because most games are 720p, which is 1280x720, and my native resolution is 1680 x 1050. So the scaler must be doing its job, or the game would look just as bad as the dash.

well i think one reason why teh dash's look bad is because they have text. i tried this on my pc with my monitor. when you set it to a lower resolution, teh graphics dont look all that bad, but text and writing will look shocking.