xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Syntax Olevia Setup?  (Read 60 times)

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

O.K. So i have the Syntax Olevia 26" Screen and this is a pretty sweet TV I love it.  But the problem I am having is on Call of Duty playing multiplayer i see a lot of jaggies in windows on the top of the building and stuff, apparently it doesnt bother the guys who dont pay much attention like i do, but i notice.  so can whoever has this tv and 360 please tell me what your settings are set up to such as contrast and all that? i have my xbox set up to 720p. so please help!

Gazcoigne

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

the contrast settings etc on your tv have SFA to do with the jaggies in the game.

the tv only displays what the 360 is outputting. Because the 360 is having to knock its bollox in with all the data coming in out from the net it maybe doesnt have the full anti aliasing on for multiplayer who knows. i know there is an update for cod2 soon to fix online problems perhaps this is one of them.

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

anyone else have this TV with the same problem?

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

Do you have the LT26HVX or the HVE ?

-- I own the HVX and I have no problem with jaggies , using the VGA cable at 1280x720 . I have also mapped out a 1280x720 pattern through MCE and calibrated the alignment from there (tracking / phase / Horizontal / Vertical) .

-- The LT26HVX is one of the few displays that works better with the VGA cable (once properly calibrated) .

--DGP--

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

hey dagamepimp,
i picked up the vga cable and still have some jaggies, not near as bad, but i still see them on some buildings
can u tell me how you mapped out and calibrated your screen? i have no idea how to do that

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

bump

i have the cable still jaggies on buildings....ideas???

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

Guys, guys... hold the phone.

It's not your TV or the cables/connection you are using.  It's the game.  COD2 has some jaggies.  Not horrible, but they are definatly there.   Shit, I could see them on my old standard def TV and now that I've upgraded to HD, they are even more pronounced.   Some games are worse than others, but there is nothing you can do to fix it short of downgrading to a cruddy TV.

amb7247

• Archived User
Syntax Olevia Setup?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

I have the Olevia 27" setup and it's true. Some games don't have jaggies and some really do. Which they probably don't use the AA on the console the way it should.