xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Build S-video Adaptor, Details Inside  (Read 85 times)

damnfool88

• Archived User
How To Build S-video Adaptor, Details Inside
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

The 360 S-video cable only cost $14.99. That's just being cheap

RocketMBA

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

It's quicker to build your own for 50p than to go out and buy (or order online) a pre-made one.

Andye26

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »

Hi
 Its not about being cheap ...They cant be bought in the uk, Delivery is expected some time in January
 Also MS should be supplying s-video cables or rgb cables in the uk a lot more people need scart over composite.

Andy

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

Its not about being cheap ...They cant be bought in the uk, Delivery is expected some time in January
Also MS should be supplying s-video cables or rgb cables in the uk a lot more people need scart over composite.

I completely agree. To ship the component cable but not have RGB or S cables available over here is very poor.
The Madcatz RGB cable is supposed to be due this week but whats the betting it doesn't show up

hignaki

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

That configuration in the first post would work, but it would look even better (REAL S-Video) if you added a 250-450pF (picofarad) capacitor in the...chrominance (I believe) line BEFORE solder it to the pin in the s-video plug.  Still, it's not the best picture, and you may even have better chances just using the composite plug, because that is a "dirty" config.

Still, cheers.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

yeah I've been trying to figure this out myself. I think someone with an S-Video Cable just needs to monitor the pins and figure out which is which.

pin 11 and 12 are "unknown" at present... just about everything else is used up.

IIRC on the Xbox 1 it used the same pin as Cr from component video, however the 360 uses that for RGB red when "component" is active...

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »

So....I think that there is no real Svideo output coming from de x360.... uhh.gif