xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slow Music But Fast Videos..using Smb?  (Read 65 times)

ihateviolence

• Archived User
Slow Music But Fast Videos..using Smb?
« on: March 19, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

using smb i can access pictures, and videos on my pc at the click of a button, but when connecting to my music folder on my pc it takes about 15-20 seconds before i'm able to browse it?????   i have less than 1gig of music and about 2 gigs of videos which doesn't make sense to me why it would be slower on the music side......

i've created a new folder with about 40 mp3's in a different location and it was quicker but still took about 10 seconds to open???? anybody have any ideas  <

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

Be patient, young padawan.    <

ihateviolence

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

H_H.....     the issue i have is not because it's slow accessing music..... it's because i have another box that i have modded and it's fast to access my music folder????  the problem i have is with this specific one.... the config file is right.... i would think because it does get there it's just slow.....  and i've tried to reinstall again... with same problem.....  anybody have any clues?  <

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

Interesting cause I have the same problem. I can load a smb music folder with say 15 mp3s in it and it takes about 3-5 seconds to come up. Yet a Video folder witn 100+ video files takes only blink of an eye. Both play fine but the music jerks about once every 15-10 min or so, just a clip sound though. Just thought I'd speak up since u aren't alone..   unsure.gif   <

Butcher_

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

Try disabling id3 tags.  <

ihateviolence

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

butcher...... thanks for the suggestion.. beerchug.gif  that helped alot... it cut down the time to about 2-3 seconds which is reasonable now, any explanation as to why pic's and vid's are instant and music is slower?? now i'm not complaining because it's perfectly fine like this now, just curious.... thanks again butcher

.... i tried a search now using the right words and i found other topics on this subject.... my bad,  didn't search right the first time

prplehz, try this out it worded for me....  

This post has been edited by ihateviolence: Mar 21 2004, 05:52 AM <

christer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (ihateviolence @ Mar 20 2004, 06:29 AM)
doesn't make sense to me why it would be slower on the music side......

Beacause XBMC reads the ID3 tags for eeeeeevery mp3 file when you browse the music library...  <