xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Playing 8 Hrs Straight  (Read 454 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(~jeff~ @ May 10 2006, 03:52 PM) View Post

What would happen if you did the whole leaving it going while you sleep trick. and you used wireless controllers?
Would the controllers turn off due to inactivity and give you that gay" please reconnect the ocntroller" stuff,
and would that effect getting the achievment?
~jeff~

i didnt think about that, but i supose you are right, then will turn them selves off after a period of time. but as to whether that disrupts the game...i doubt it will. you obviously cant pause a mutiplayer game, so ip probably wont make any difference.

you know there is one way to test....go online, and in the lobby, just turn off your controller or something. see what happens

cheers

deacon187

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

i did it with wireless controllers and the game kept going, i cant remember if the controllers shut off or not but i got the achievement  without a problem

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »

is there a way that you can u check how many games you've hosted?

Corrosive Substance

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ May 28 2006, 07:18 AM) View Post

is there a way that you can u check how many games you've hosted?

The 1000 games hosted achievement is a broken achievement.

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ May 10 2006, 02:04 PM) View Post

i didnt think about that, but i supose you are right, then will turn them selves off after a period of time. but as to whether that disrupts the game...i doubt it will. you obviously cant pause a mutiplayer game, so ip probably wont make any difference.

you know there is one way to test....go online, and in the lobby, just turn off your controller or something. see what happens

cheers

You need to be playing the game for the time to build up and reach the eight hour point.

alsybub

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 27 2006, 11:42 AM) View Post

i think so but im  not 100%,i played online for about 6 hours and couldnt hang for the other 2 so i just created a private room on live, set status to appear offline, set up 2 player split screen with 2 controllers, 5 min matches and auto start to 30 secends and and went to bed and when i woke up i had the 8 hour achievement

I'll be doing that then smile.gif

bigballer101

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

actually ill be doing this tonight [/quote]QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 27 2006, 11:42 AM) *

bigballer101

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

just started i made public match 8 players team elimnation 5 min games 30 sec auto start im starting this at 11 42 pm east coast so this should be done around 8 am?? but wont matter im not going 2 bed till 2 but sweet 8 hours of nonstop playing is nuts and so can u actually find out how many times u hosted?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 02:08:00 AM »

Ha ha ha I just started this at around 12:30 my time, I wont be up for ..... god knows how many hours, Hell i might just let it run to try and get the 1000 hosted matches too biggrin.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif but then again my 360 make my room hot biggrin.gif i might have to let it settle.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

where exactly does that make us morons? it's two different achievements completely...the point of the thread was for the 8 hours straight, going towards 1000 matches was just an additional bonus to the actual objective, not to mention it was already stated it was a broken achievement...don't thread crap calling people morons when you are too slow to even understand the point to the thread.

if it did work then neither achievement is "easier."  both achievements require zero to no input from you at all while you are sleeping.  if anything the 8 hrs is easier because you will reach that MUCH MUCH faster than 1000 games (again, if it worked).

3rdnfnlbst

• Archived User
Playing 8 Hrs Straight
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

Yeah I left my GRAW on System Link with 2 controllers and set it for 30 second auto launch and 60 min games.   I woke up the next morning and i had the achievement.  So No you don't have to be on Live.  Just in Multiplayer.  MY question is, when you go to the main menu in GRAW where it says Campaign or Multiplayer, what if you just leave it in the multiplayer menu for 8 hours, would that consititute you being in Multiplayer for 8 striaght hours.  I think it might work.
Pages: 1 [2]