xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Official Graw Thread  (Read 1176 times)

JMan8108

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2006, 12:53:00 AM »

the 8 hour achievement is gonna be mine tommorow night... yea co-op is awesome just got done playing a couple missions. I like the 3rd person view for myself. At any rate this game is amaaaazzzing. If you are reading this and dont have it, go get it now!!!

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2006, 03:59:00 AM »

I never liked the series but I love this game.  One thing I think is weird is that you can make your team heal other teammates but you can't make them heal you. grr.gif   I mean why do I have to suffer.   tongue.gif

OH yeah,  Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite load out of weapons.  I prefer the scar-l/eglm and nades.  I love blowing stuff up!

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

This game has blown me away. Played til the first night level last night with a buddy. The city is simply amazing! I love shooting up a car, blowing it to hell, and then the car alarms start going off, cool. The environments are awesome, it feels hot, with shimmering heat waves, dust and hot wind blowing. Shoot a wall and bullet holes are left there. Woo hoo. Sounds are out of sight as well, suck you right in. Just starting to get used to the cross com, it has taken me some time getting the feel of cycling through the ghosts, uav, vehicles and chopper, and then making the right choices for them, steep learning curve but very awesome! I wish the nades were mapped to the shoulder buttons like COD2, it would make our job just a little easier. Miss the gun in FP, so I'd rather use 3rd person, which I really like, cause its cool seeing your guy and the way he looks. I've noticed that you have to pull the trigger all the way in to shoot, its definitely not a hair trigger, I'm guessing this is part of the realism? I've no experience with automatic weapons, so I assume this is the norm? I'm sure someone here could answer this ?. The best game I've played for the 360 by a long shot.

VinnySem

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

Wow, with all the shortage stories I'm glad I reserved GRAW at my local Gamestop in CT.

Played for a good 3-4 hours multiplayer last night, man I love this game!

For me, it's little annoyances in older versions that have been addressed in GRAW that I love, such as the ability to set your default weapon loadout, instead of having to cycle through all of the guns to find it.

Did a FFA last night, was the most MP fun I've had in a long time.

One thing I wish they did in GRAW which they did in R6:Lockdown, is left trigger = grenade throw instead of needing to select a grenade first, then throw.

With GRAW this good, I can't wait to see what R6:Vegas is like. I've been a Clancy-universe game fan since the  original Rainbow Six on PC.

davemire

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

I must say that I have played all the ghost recon games and I was super excited to get this game. But I am left unimpressed. The game looks great, sounds awesome, and the idea is great. But I find the gameplay and control far to cumbersome. I like the idea of being able to hug the wall, but I find myself getting jammed onto it far too often. Also the control layout doesn't seem exactly intuitive (I am aware it can be modified). And lastly the response to situations seems awful. The gun always has a delay before firing (it isn't reloading) the bad guys can see you from three buildings away looking the other direction and pick out out laying on the groud under a bush. Like come on. That just ruins the whole thing for me. It isn't realistic at all. I like the fact that, based on realism, that certain weapons can shoot through walls. But when an enemy sees you through a wall on a plain that is about ten feet lower than you, impossible for him to see you, he can hit you through the wall guessing and do considerable damage or death. It's just way to far fetched. The game is a technical marvel, but it is a terrible play experience. I loved the other ghost games, I love rainbow six, but this one is going on ebay.

It's too bad.....

havoc

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

im really loving this game gotta love ubisoft cant wait for spinter cell, anyone who wants to play some co-op just add me to your friends list.

oh yeah and if anyone wants my 48 hour trial first to pm me gets it.

see ya on the battle field

esc1

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »

I was reading over at teamxbox about mp.  They said they covered each mp map and showed details for each, but there was only six.  Is that for real?   blink.gif

bOi_1

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Game is disturbingly unbelievable leap for 360.  Can't say enough about the graphics.  Too bad I lost all my patience trying to keep from getting killed in the chopper 2nd stage.  I came close to beating the sh!t out of the wireless controller grr.gif !!!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

im confused, WHY in a tank, specifaclly after a nite level, do they not keep weapons in there for me, i start a whole new mission and dont even get to pick a new weapon? im stuck witht he one i picked up off a dead guy

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

that level took me a few tries. i lived but kept on having to start the ground fight with nothing for health... finally memorized the positions and when to let the gun cool, then i landed with full health

VOlition

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

Guys I just got Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter W00T. I had a tough time between this, Far Cry and The Outfit.

Greenpants200

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

Soooooooo, anybody beat all 4(wow!!) of the co-op campaign levels and wishing for more already?

loserkid182

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »

It's fscking great!!

I love it but it is frustrating in places:

Helicopter Chaingun = grrr , just have to fire in bursts but end up with little health on the ground (i'm on the castle level)

I got pissed off with the protect the dumbass president at the embassy so much that I smashed my controller on the floor and one of the arms split open  rolleyes.gif  (you have to stand next to him and use the choppers to mop up)

Very Good, I set it up on my 17" tft with crappy 2.1 surround system, but oh it is amazing, tried it on my 14" crt tv afterwards and i couldn't play it, so i'll only play it with the TFT now.

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2006, 04:01:00 AM »

Sorry I haven't read every post, but can someone tell me how to get my friends into my game for a rank match. I know it can be done because I've seen three guys with the same initials on their gamertag; designating their clan. They destroyed my team because we didn't know eachother. If I could play with my friends, I could have a shot and winning for a change.

Second question. Is there no talking on ranked team matches? I played a few games, and no one said anything.

Greenpants200

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

Can't play with your friends on a ranked match.  Guess this is to avoid cheap leveling up, etc.  However without a matchmaking system this is just lame.  Who wants to wait for a full room to fill up before every game.  See you all on player match!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7