xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Graw Shortage As Predicted!  (Read 597 times)

tgm4883

• Archived User
Graw Shortage As Predicted!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 8 2006, 03:02 PM) View Post

holy shit this game is amazing! The lighting/shadowing is excellent. I spent half an hour just tossing nades at vehicles to see and hear them go boom!

I noticed when I was standing next to a building that my shadow on the building looked rather crappy.  The rest of the graphics are really awesome and the gameplay is tight, but that shadow on the building from me was just not up to par.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

im still trying to get used to the controls, lots of buttons  ohmy.gif

kantootking

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Mar 8 2006, 09:48 PM) View Post

Damn, i called Fry's and they said Ghost Recon was in till tommorrow....

Hey if you have the Fry's ad BB will price match them and you dont have to wait til thurs. I just picked up my copy today for the price Fry's was advertising the game for ($47.99).

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

wish i had thought of that!!! waited at frys from 2:30 till 3:30 then gave up and went to game stop, price match! doh!

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Mar 8 2006, 01:10 PM) View Post

The logistics involved with pressing disc is not an issue at all.

This is "artificial demand", and you guys play right into it.

The alternative to "playing right into it" seems to be not playing GRAW at all.

Think about it, if only (say) 500,000 360s are available in the US, they aren't going to press 500,000 copies of the game. They'll press only the amount they feel they can sell, which I would imagine to be the sales total of the highest-selling game so far.

If they underestimated the total sales, it's easily rectified, as the discs are simple to duplicate. But until then, many of those that didn't preorder are out of luck.

I know that when I went to EBGames to pick up my copy, the girl working there called every EBGames, GameStop, Software Etc., and GameCrazy within 50 miles, and every one of them was sold out. In addition, Best Buy doesn't receive their shipment until tomorrow.

My cost for guaranteeing my copy today? The interest I would have made on the $5 down by leaving it in the bank for the past month. I think that's worth it.

sp4zzj4zz

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

Well, I just got an email from Fry's ( Outpost.com ) informing me that my Pre-Order (w/ Next Day Delivery) is now a Back-Order and should be shippied within 30 days. Now, I know that the 2nd shipment will come in much sooner than that, at least I gd'd hope so, but, I mean WTF! While I'm pretty new to the actual gaming part of the XboX (360), I thought for sure that a pre-order would gurantee shipping on at least the release date.

Oh well...

Mikeizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. They better have this game, come saturday at BB or EB or else imma gonna flip.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

HA!  Read this thread and thought to myself... why play into the shortage talk?  Thought I'd see for myself so I went to Wal-Mart and picked up it about 10 min ago smile.gif  Sweet!

thax

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Mar 9 2006, 03:04 AM) View Post
The alternative to "playing right into it" seems to be not playing GRAW at all.

Think about it, if only (say) 500,000 360s are available in the US, they aren't going to press 500,000 copies of the game. They'll press only the amount they feel they can sell, which I would imagine to be the sales total of the highest-selling game so far.
Actually the manufacturers will frequently press more copies than there are consoles available early in the consoles life cycle.
The reason for doing this is because console growth is so large early on that the extra copies will eventually be sold even if game sales don't perform as well as expected. In addition suppliers like having inventory on store shelves. For example each store may have 4 copies of every game in stock at all times, plus have copies in distribution locations. This means that the supply needs to be greater than the actual demand depending on the number of suppliers in the market. The rental market also purchases many games, and many games are abused and need to be replaced with new copies. Lastly the cost of production is less when certain quantity levels are produced, so it may be more cost effective to do a larger order and sell the games over a longer period of time.

For these reasons there may be 600,000 copies of a game pressed when there are only 500,000 consoles currently in the market.

JMan8108

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

just got back from walmart and target, target had it and sold out, walmart didnt have it in yet. I got my preordered copy from gamestop tho

eurodeseo

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

Peeked at my local Wal-Mart last night.  They had like 20 copies...took up two rows.

richie579

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

I went to this mom'n'pop game shop in center city philly, they just got their copies of GRAW in, so I bought it and am waiting till I get home from work to play it grr.gif

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

I purchased mine at 9pm last night at Target. They had boatloads available. No shortage. Game stores are fun to browse, but I will never make a purchase there. Dept stores are the way to go.

sp4zzj4zz

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

I just called my local EB and they said they had "several" copies available. I'm going to pick one up right after I get out of class and cancel my order at outpost.com. I also got my free copy of PGR3 today from MS for all my console troubles. I wonder if EB has a better trade-in deal for sealed games.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(richie579 @ Mar 9 2006, 12:44 PM) View Post

I went to this mom'n'pop game shop in center city philly, they just got their copies of GRAW in, so I bought it and am waiting till I get home from work to play it grr.gif

Thank you for suppoting the MomNPop shop.  I am currently trying to secure the funds needed to open my game store, and look forward to opening the business.  It's unfortunately about 4 yrs out, but once I open, it will be the hells bells.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4