xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Outfit Demo  (Read 2319 times)

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

Downloading it right now, dont know why u guys think the downloads are going slow, i got to 50% in 6 minutes and right now its on 75%..............Ill edit it once i play my first game.

1 Edit- 6 minutes later it gone done. only took 15 minutes. Not that bad ill edit when i play.

2 Edit- This game is awsome i love this game... Definitly a buy

CattyKid

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrBones @ Mar 6 2006, 05:24 PM) View Post

I checked it out.  The first game I played, I absolutely hated it, but it got a little better after a couple more times.  I'm just glad I got to play it before I ran out and bought it.  I'm still very undecided on whether it's worth my money.

My impressions exactly.  The first game I hated it.  It gets more and more fun each time, and you understand it more.
I love airstrikes wub.gif!!!
Not worth a purchase I don't think, but pretty cool.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

I think the hit system is off some... dead aiming at someone's head no kill shot to the torso and it's like a head shot... the rockets do show the drop of a ballistic projectile but the guns don't seem to do the same... i should be able to aim above an enemy's head a few hundred yards away and at least hit his body... nooo i aim at his head i miss.. aim at his body he drops one shot... wtf... i'm hoping this is just because it's a demo and they get it fixed...

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

The game is quite arcade-y. I dont believe it has locational damage or anything...And weapon physics are quite lame as well... But airstrikes rule!!! And it IS a lot of Fun (Flamethrowers ftw!!!!)

lostboyz

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

anyone have that german(?) dude with the flare pistol or something similar, my friend blew up my tank in two shots with that thing

sp3cialk

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »

Just create custom game and start it with no credits... that way they have to earn the credits to call it in....

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

I wasn't feeling this demo, but I'll give it a few more plays before I pass final judgement.  I really don't like the fact that they just throw you in a MP game with no background story or no idea how to play the game or what the hell to do.  They should have enabled the first level of the single player campaign so we can get a feel for everything.

yaazz

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

Game has a lot of control/collision/cheesyness issues, but its a fun game, I like it

sp3cialk

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

The Outfit really reminds me of Conker: Live and Reloaded... I mean you scramble about trying to do something and kill or be killed... hit system is iffy... but all in all it's a game you can have fun with...  biggrin.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

the first time i tried the game, i laughed and thought it was a stupid game that looked like butt.  however after trying it a few more times and actually paying attention to everything going on im pretty impressed.  granted that the 360 can do far better, when all is said and done you can see where they used the resources of the 360.  

the play machanics are rather simple but add a good deal of gameplay and variety to the game.  although lag was an issue here and there, for having so many characters (human and AI) running around blowing the scene to hell its impressive that they dont have more lag issues.  although the graphics could be better, once i realized that they were going for more of a colorful, cartoony look i saw how good the game did look for a launch title (which i still consider this to be).  

all in all, i wouldnt buy this game for the main reason that there are WAY too many other games coming out that deserve my attention.  however i wouldnt write this game off for those wanting some good ol' explosive action.

jwin767

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(MrPhunkee @ Mar 7 2006, 12:18 AM) View Post

I cant play this on my hdtv. Game cannot be started at 50 hz blink.gif change it to 60hz it says.. can only choose between 720p or 1080i.. anyone a suggestion?

goto settings blade > console settings > Display > PAL (i gather NTSC in other regions) settings > pal / NTSC 60 ..............there  pop.gif

Ray2Kay

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

I didnt like the game at all when i first started to play this game. Well whatya know its a darn good game. I wouldnt pay for it tho  dry.gif

Kernal69er

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

I first played the game and hated it, then i tried again and guess what I STILL HATE It

come on people, thsi is NEXT-GEN and thsi game looks liek a fucking PS1 game!!!!!!! Just plain terrible, I can't beleive M$ would even allow this game to be released, I have lost respect for M$ .. Even this demo is a waste of your download.. just skip it and go back to downlaoding your bit torrents

JUST TERRIBLE

KAGE360

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Mar 7 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

I first played the game and hated it, then i tried again and guess what I STILL HATE It

come on people, thsi is NEXT-GEN and thsi game looks liek a fucking PS1 game!!!!!!! Just plain terrible, I can't beleive M$ would even allow this game to be released, I have lost respect for M$ .. Even this demo is a waste of your download.. just skip it and go back to downlaoding your bit torrents

JUST TERRIBLE

you respected MS?!  i dont remember the last time i read a positive post about them from you  rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(rzanwu36 @ Mar 7 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

im wondering why you consider this a launch game? not trying to flame, but i mean obviously theve had more time to work on it, so i think it is ok to expect more than a launch game...

btw i had fun with it, but i think its graw for me

i see your point and yes they were given a few months of extra polish but IMO launch games delayed, even for months, still suffer launch game issues.  the main difference is that there wont be as many, or any at all, bugs because of the extra time to polish

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
The Outfit Demo
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Mar 7 2006, 08:12 PM) View Post

JUST TERRIBLE

Please point me to a SINGLE previous generation game that looks as good as the Outfit...

The game looks GREAT, the characters are extremely detailed if you bother to look, the framerate is rock steady as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5