xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Characters Being Killed Off...what If They All Die?  (Read 218 times)

jusdafide

• Archived User
Characters Being Killed Off...what If They All Die?
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:09:00 AM »

I've seen a lot of the characters in Oblivion die along the roads. Am I alone in this>? I've also noticed how characters dying makes it difficult to complete the game. For Instance: On the Ahdarji's Heirloom, a thief mission, The Countess Maiden, Hlidara Mothril, is murdered outside of Bravil by wild animals. So later when I went to find her the map displayed her location as the place she died. I ended up sneaking into the castle and stealing the ring anyway. About 2 game days later I saw the Countess herself murdered by a Minatour and Bandit on the way to Chorel. And in two sides of the coin I accidently killed Jorundr when I was in jail with him. It wouldn't let me finish the mission because of this. And the last kill people bug I found is from

http://www.uesp.net/...ht_in_the_Hunt:

#  Another bug with this quest is that it is possible to kill Kurdan, search his body, retrieve the key, and open the outer gate but you never receive the next quest update; you are unable to finish the quest. This bug can be triggered if you decide to pickpocket the key off Kurdan before killing him.

* PC users can use the Console and type setStage "MS08" 90 in order to get the next journal entry.
    * Xbox360 users need to wait for the journal update where you're asked to search his body for the real key. After this update you can search the body, take the key and you will receive the next update.

# It is possible for Kurdan to be fighting Daenlin when you first arrive at the Lonely Suitors Lodge, or if you choose to use the wait command (the back button on Xbox 360) inside the lodge while Kurdan and Daenlin are also inside; if Kurdan is killed in any way before the appropriate point in the quest, you will get a journal update stating: "One of the characters needed to complete this quest has died". The quest is filed under Completed Quests. The only way to avoid this is to make sure that Kurdan does not get killed if you see him get involved in any fights.

Anyone else experience these problems????