xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Banned And Cant Update!  (Read 198 times)

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
Help! Banned And Cant Update!
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »

hmmm... connection to Xbox Live only. Or buy a new 360 and keep it legit from now on...Xbox Live EULA

The Service may only be accessed with an Xbox video game console, the software and/or hardware of which has not been modified in any way (except for Microsoft authorized repairs and upgrades). Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute or use for other purposes either the hardware or software of the Xbox or the Service, is strictly prohibited and may result in termination of your account and/or your ability to access the Service via your Xbox, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.

Sorry to say so but it's true. I like that you modded your 360 but using it on Live is what I dont appreciate.

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »

oops

jusdafide

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(qent4977 @ May 23 2007, 02:08 AM) View Post

Well i do deserve the ban and i guess i have to swallow it. But is there a way to extract the update from an xbox360 HDD or PC HDD and have it uploaded? or use the oblivion PC version update extract? I guess its still early to ask these questions since the patch just got released. Thanks

The only way to update would be to remove your hard drive or memory unit, take it to a friends house who has another xbox 360 that is not banned and download the update to your hard drive. Or buy a new system. It's really not that difficult. From now on instead of clearing the cache from the memory option, hold A or any button as the game is starting and that will clear your cache without removing updates. \

Keep in mind that your xbox 360 itself is banned and not your hard drive, live account, etc. Good Luck!!!