xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unbreakable Lockpick?  (Read 139 times)

mathias

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

where is the quest that I can recieve this item? and also till then where can I buy more lockpicks?

JustDanMI

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

Here is what is in the FAQ at the top of this forum about the "unbreakable lockpick"

THE SKELETON KEY:
Ah, the skeleton key, wonderful artifact of Nocturnal.

Facts: The Skeleton Key is a lockpick that can never break. It also boosts your Security by 40 points.

Requirements:You must be at least level 10 to get it. You must also be able to beat Trolls. A fire weapon or spell is recommended.

How to reach the Nocturnal Shrine: First, travel to Leyawiin. Head outside the city and head East. Cross the river. On the other side, head north until you reach a path. Follow the path north until you reach the Nocturnal Shrine, which will be to the right. If you see the Inn of Ill Omen, you've gone to far.

The Quest: Nocturnal's "Eye of Nocturnal" has been stolen by two Argonians in Leyawiin. Travel to Leyawiin. Ask any Imperial Male about the Eye, and they will tell you that Weebam-Na and Bejeen have been bragging about a treasure. Weebam-Na's house is near the Chapel of Zenithar. Go inside and ask them about the Eye. They will say they've never heard of it. You'll get a journal entry that says to eavesdrop on them. Make sure you can't be seen, and wait for them to talk. They will talk about whether the Eye is safe from Trolls in Tidewater Cave. That's your cue. Exit town and cross the river to the east again. Head South along the shoreline until you see the cave to the left. Inside, take a left at the first turn and then left again at the T intersection. The eye is underwater at the end of the path. Fast-travel back to the Shrine and collect your reward: The Skeleton Key! Now go break those locks you've only dreamed of.

You can also look in that same FAQ at the top of this forum to find out about getting more lockpicks as well.

Edit:  Actually the title of the topic for the answers to alot of common questions is called "Got a question, look here first".....................hm, go figure.

This post has been edited by JustDanMI: Jul 19 2006, 06:51 PM

mathias

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

didn't see it but I do appreciate you taking the time to copy and paste it... thank ya

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

i'm not 100% sure on this but i remember reading it was the 2nd quest in the daedric quests.  i do'nt know if it's the same quest you just reach it two different ways, or 2 different quests with the same outcome or whatever.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

since you got an answer to your first question already, i figured i'd toss an answer out for your second question. you can buy more lock picks from any fence (if you haven't joined it yet, join the theives guild and you'll know what i'm talking about)

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 19 2006, 08:41 PM) View Post

i'm not 100% sure on this but i remember reading it was the 2nd quest in the daedric quests.  i do'nt know if it's the same quest you just reach it two different ways, or 2 different quests with the same outcome or whatever.

There is no specific order for doing the quests. So there isn't such thing as "2nd daedric quest" smile.gif

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Unbreakable Lockpick?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

tomayto/tomaato