xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Putting Pc Mods In Xbox360 Version Of Oblivion  (Read 1143 times)

daverboon

• Archived User
Putting Pc Mods In Xbox360 Version Of Oblivion
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 22 2010, 11:35 AM) View Post

Ive gotten companion share and recruit working now.

I've got the borderless and alchemy book working but those are single file mods. I tried the hgec body and the game sees it but the textures messed up. I went into the meshes folder and there's just a mesh.bsa so I guess I need to figure out how to turn the files into bsa. I want to get natural environments working aswell.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(daverboon @ Mar 22 2010, 10:40 PM) View Post

I've got the borderless and alchemy book working but those are single file mods. I tried the hgec body and the game sees it but the textures messed up. I went into the meshes folder and there's just a mesh.bsa so I guess I need to figure out how to turn the files into bsa. I want to get natural environments working aswell.

Their are programs you can do that with , i wish more people were interested in oblivion mods , i have a ton that i made for my PC version i would love to be able to play on a system better than my PC haha. I don't have a copy of Oblivion for 360 so i can't even work on it right now , but i will make progress when i do get a copy.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »

Yeah i have capes and cloaks mod working fine though,they show up perfectly ingame even when i added the textures and meshes folder into the data folder,i do need to get the expansions though i think that may be the reason some of these mods even single file ones don't seem to work.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 21 2010, 10:41 PM) *

Yeah i have it in the same place you do,and i havent tested out any .ini changes besides just using the two mods i spoke of because i have been gone all day,but i did install the mods,textures etc. into both data and data two to see if it worked now i just need to narrow down which its working from.
*EDIT* "Use archive 1" Don't set that to 0 in the .ini game wouldnt even load for me when i did.

I just tried natural environments via building it with xlast. it did something because i get the warning about the game relying on stuff that is no longer there but i don't see anything different. I'm really hoping the people working on this can make some progress with the more complicated mods and let us know how they did it.

On a side note: anyone in here using xlast, do you have your 360 hooked up to the computer or do you build the packages as live then transfer them via ftp?

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Mar 23 2010, 03:58 AM) *

Their are programs you can do that with , i wish more people were interested in oblivion mods , i have a ton that i made for my PC version i would love to be able to play on a system better than my PC haha. I don't have a copy of Oblivion for 360 so i can't even work on it right now , but i will make progress when i do get a copy.

I hear ye, the pc version is great but the controls really suck afte you've played on the xbox. If there's any programmers reading this, would you consider modding obse to work as an addon rather then requiring the launcher? This would be awsome and open up alot of really cool mods for the box such as thieves arsenal.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

Seems really hit and miss,with some mods atleast until we figure out exactly how the 360 works,i did notice they have their voices seperated into two different .bsa files one for non dialogue and one for dialogue unlike the PC version which has them all in one i think anyhow keep us updated on how progress is going and i will do the same the minute i find out something new or get another mod working.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 24 2010, 03:11 AM) *

Seems really hit and miss,with some mods atleast until we figure out exactly how the 360 works,i did notice they have their voices seperated into two different .bsa files one for non dialogue and one for dialogue unlike the PC version which has them all in one i think anyhow keep us updated on how progress is going and i will do the same the minute i find out something new or get another mod working.

absolutely!
Here's some stuff I pulled from some other threads, it's about fallout 3 but I figure since they're made by the same company and appear to have the same directory structure, the advice should work either way.

"Okay, a few things I've found out:

* Installing mods that use extra files by using BSAs doesn't work well.
    * For mods that use ESMs, you have to install them to the Data folder and add them in Fallout.ini to load after Fallout.esm.
    * You should just install all non-ESPs to the Data directory.
    * You can use LIVE containers or just edit Fallout.ini for ESPs. Keep in mind that LIVE containers are loaded after everything in Fallout.ini.
    * Some plugins are picky and some depend on DLC (mainly Anchorage), so you have to extract the ESM from the DLC, add it to Data and put it in Fallout.ini before the non-"Fallout.esm" ESMs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fill up those 10 STestFile slots, but you can't add more after that. If you're using mods that require one or more of the original DLCs, extract them and add their ESMs after Fallout 3.esm and before everything else. Then add mod ESMs, then ESP. Once you run out of space, use LIVE containers. By the way, Le Fluffie works fine for making LIVE containers. I haven't even downloaded XLAST.

For example, my Fallout.ini has:

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=FNNCQ_Mesmetron.esp
STestFile7=CALIBRxMerchant.esp
STestFile6=BlackWolf Backpack.esp
STestFile5=Heroes Mod.esp
STestFile4=CALIBR.esm
STestFile3=FNNCQ.esm
STestFile2=Anchorage.esm
STestFile1=Fallout3.esm

and then I also have LIVE containers for Fellout, GreenWorld, Tailor Maid, and some extra perks. Only use LIVE containers for extra ESPs that can be loaded last. Don't put anything else in them. Also, I managed to get some extra textures to load by editing ESMs/ESPs/models to read files with a .ddx extension instead of .dds and renaming the corresponding textures to .ddx. It's incredibly buggy, though. "

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »

I am curious im a noob here with the whole live container thing could you explain it a little bit for me please?

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 24 2010, 06:24 AM) *

I am curious im a noob here with the whole live container thing could you explain it a little bit for me please?

ok well as i understand it, "live container" is the term m$ uses to describe the file that goes into your xbox hdd. Basically yer collecting yer files together that make up the mod or program, you include some intructions with those files and then the program crunches them all together into 1 file and gives it a special name that xbox uses to make it work. That's the best I got for ye on that lol

I did however find more info about getting mods to work, some of this info comes from other threads in this site and other sites but it's all relevant to this topic. It may repeat what I've already posted but in different wording, it don't matter, my idea is to get a single source of info on this topic so here's what i found...
BTW i saw that some of the links posted are now dead, now you know going in...

"Hi all! I managed to get some (unofficial) mods running in the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion! So I am posting a tutorial on how to do it here!

Things you will need:
XBR or FreeBoot
XexLoader
Oblivion installed on an external hard drive.
An oblivion mod of you choice - http://www.tesnexus.com
Xbox and Live Authoring Submission tool
BSA Commander - http://letalka.sourceforge.net/morr/index.htm
A way to get content onto your XBOX 360's harddrive (XPORT and xplorer360 is what I used)

The first thing you need to do is make sure that the mod you have is in BSA format, if it isn't then you must make it a BSA with BSA Commander.

To make the mod a BSA file follow this tutorial: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index...r_Own_BSA_files

Once you have your BSA file, place that file, and any .esp/.esm files into a new folder. Then create a .txt file called, "ContentFileInfo" without the quotes inside the new folder. Open it up and put this in it:

The name of your .esp, .esm, and .bsa file, with the extension at the end of it
1/01/2001 12:00:00 <---- date and time, in this format, it does not have to be right
0 <----and a 0, not sure what it is for but it must be there.

Do that for all your .esp, .esm, .bsa files.

Here is an example:

za_bankmod.esp
1/01/2001 12:00:00
za_bankmod.bsa
9/12/2006 12:00:00

Make sure that it is saved in the new folder you created with the .bsa, .esm, and .esp files in it.

Now, open the Xbox and Live Authoring Submission tool and follow this tutorial to create a new LIVE con file: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0HjQN...jMGM5&hl=en

Except instead of authoring it as a demo, author it as in-game content, and use the TitleID: 425307D1 and Name of game: Oblivion

Add any .bsa, .esp, .esm, and the ContentFileInfo.txt to the Container.

Now, you have to edit the Oblivion.ini file in the root directory of your Oblivion installation. Go here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10724 and download the manual installation and follow the instruction in there to edit the .ini file.

Finally, place the CON file you created earlier into the /Content/0000000000000000/425307D1/00000002 directory on your Xbox 360's hard drive.

Load Oblivion with XexLoader and enjoy! biggrin.gif

You may have to clear oblivion from the cache by loading some another game after editing or adding mods."

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »

Ahh appreciate the information,now i am going to have to tinker with xlast and see what i can get working.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »

So it looks like the barrier we have is with textures, I looked for a proggram that would convert to ddx but nothing yet.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

It recognizes some textures it seems because i have capes working,but other things just dont show up.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

So far no luck with finding anythign about converting files to .ddx either.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

so with capes and cloaks, it has a mesh, textures folders and the esp. you got this working by putting those folders into the data folder along with the esp? i've been focussed on getting the hgec body mod working so i haven't even tried other mods yet.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »

Yeah thats what i did,the inventory icon is messed up for it as well as when your looking at your character in the character screen somewhat,man i would really like to crack this .dds to .ddx conversion process lol

This post has been edited by Mallatic: Mar 24 2010, 11:20 PM

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 24 2010, 11:19 PM) *

Yeah thats what i did,the inventory icon is messed up for it as well as when your looking at your character in the character screen somewhat,man i would really like to crack this .dds to .ddx conversion process lol

ok i put in capes and cloaks and they show in the game. that strange visual effect is the same one i got from hgec body. kinda looks like black void or some such, you can see whatever meshes are behind it like see through. i think this is the texture issue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9