xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Putting Pc Mods In Xbox360 Version Of Oblivion  (Read 1142 times)

webMASTER P

• Archived User
Putting Pc Mods In Xbox360 Version Of Oblivion
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

i came to the board hoping to find just this thread

i started playing Oblivion a few days ago on the 360. The one mod that i really want is the Harvester mod, where when you pick up a mushroom, it actually disappears. I have no idea why that's not in the game. I am hoping that someday, someone will figure out how to mod oblivion. I would do the firmware hack just for that.

DirtyDelFCF

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

man i hope you guys get this going. any updates?

digital71

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

Here's a bit about the differences between 360 and PC mods (got this in about 3 mins worth of work):
For those of you that don't know, the official plug-in files (plug-in files are called ESP files, correct?) for the PC and 360 versions of Oblivion are exactly the same...

Below are a few MD5s for a few official plug-in files:

Vile Lair PC:
2C51FF6C5196A334377F41A5EC7159E5

Vile Lair 360:
2C51FF6C5196A334377F41A5EC7159E5

Horse Armor PC:
12733AD9718557860AE8C14BC7EB11CA

Horse Armor 360:
12733AD9718557860AE8C14BC7EB11CA

BSA files, as far as I know, are the same as well, except they have special archive and file flags (which, btw, are supported by BSA Commander).

Sound:  .mp3 files have to be in a .xma format (xbox 360 audio format... can be built with XMA sound tools)

LIP files are again (as far as I can tell) identical:

sound\voice\dlcvilelair.esp\breton\m\dlcdeepscorn_goodbye_00004b9f_1.lip (PC) md5:
2AF3E7A60C13CC7FEB3435520A05EEFA

sound\voice\dlcvilelair.esp\breton\m\dlcdeepscorn_goodbye_00004b9f_1.lip (360) md5:
2AF3E7A60C13CC7FEB3435520A05EEFA

texture files:  PC textures are in .dds format where the 360 textures are in .ddx format (I am assuming that the .ddx files are general xbox 360 testure files, not game specific, but i can't say for sure without doing a bit of research).

meshes:  .nif files (both use v20.0.0.5, although are compatible with a few different versions as far as i know).  
differences between pc and 360 nif files:
360 version has "BSPackedAdditionalGeometryData" whereas PC version has "NiBinaryExtraData"  don't know what they are but i'll try looking into it.

conclusion:  except for a few differences in data (textures, sounds and meshes), the mods are more or less exactly the same

Too Much Coffee Man

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »

So, anyone figured out anything new?

BlindMaphisto

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »

I'm wondering if the next dahsboard update that will let you copy games to the hard drive will finally make this possible. I'd love to use the better body and natural environment mods on the 360.

Absent Crysis

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

I realize that nobody has posted on this topic in a looonnnggg time now, but has anyone made any progress, specifically with the DLC decryption? cuz that would be the way to go, a simple game plugin of sorts instead of directly changing the files on the disk itself.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »

IS there anywhere to find more info on Oblivion Modding , now that we have a fully unlocked machine? I know they can do it with Halo 3 maps.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »

Well i've been digging around looking for any kind of updated info on this and so far nothing. My first experiment was to see if I could run the game from a usb stick and yes I had it running before I could find any instructions on how to. After that was to see if I could get a simple pc mod to work, I chose the simplist I knew of which is the borderless one as it only has one esp file. Dumping that into the data folder didn't activate it so ima try and install oblivion to the internal hdd with shivering and see about dumping the file into whatever folder the expansion makes. This seems to be how people are getting fallout 3 pc mods to work so it can't be much different for oblivion.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »

With Pc oblivion the mods depend on a list to tell it which mods too look for , and also archive invalidation too tell it not to look in the BSA files for textures and meshes and such. I have not looked at the file structure on a 360 HDD installed version , if it is similar i can probably get them running and share with everyone. If it isn't then it will take some time and getting someone who knows more than me involved with it. I have gotten all my mods running on MAC which you have to use a modified version of the spore engine to run it and edit your list on the PC but it works that way. If it is like morrowind the file structure will be similar too the PC version , the main hurdle too overcome would be too figure out where archive invalidation is on the 360 , it would still have to exist because their are mods for 360 version that wouldn't have their own BSA file for textures , i mean downloadable "legal" mods if you will.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »

Here is the portion of the .ini file with archive if you want to look it over.

[Archive]
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
bUseArchives=1
sArchiveList=D:\data\Meshes\Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, D:\data\Textures\Oblivion - Textures.bsa, D:\data\Sounds\Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, D:\data2\Voices Dialogue\Oblivion - Voices Dialogue.bsa, D:\data\Voices NonDialogue\Oblivion - Voices Nondialogue.bsa, D:\data\Misc\Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:00 AM »

Well i just got a house mod to work just one that use existing game data though by editing this part of the .ini

This is default.

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=
STestFile1=Oblivion.esm

And this is where i edited it.

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=ImperialCityApartment.esp <------added that there and put the .esp in the folder where .esm is.
STestFile1=Oblivion.esm

Add capes and cloaks to the list as well,just put the name of the .esp in the list and dropped the textures and meshes in the textures and meshes folders in the oblivion data files folder,the icon doesnt show up in the inventory but the cape looks just fine when equipped.

This post has been edited by Mallatic: Mar 21 2010, 12:51 PM

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 21 2010, 12:03 PM) *

Well i just got a house mod to work just one that use existing game data though by editing this part of the .ini
This is default.

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=
STestFile1=Oblivion.esm

And this is where i edited it.

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=ImperialCityApartment.esp <------added that there and put the .esp in the folder where .esm is.
STestFile1=Oblivion.esm

Add capes and cloaks to the list as well,just put the name of the .esp in the list and dropped the textures and meshes in the textures and meshes folders in the oblivion data files folder,the icon doesnt show up in the inventory but the cape looks just fine when equipped.

That's awsome info bud! I used freestyle to copy the dvd over so i could have the folder names the same but i'm stuck from that point. There's 2 data folders, a "Data" and "Data2" which one would I put the mod files into? They both contain the main esm file so i'm confused.

daverboon

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mallatic @ Mar 21 2010, 10:32 AM) View Post

Here is the portion of the .ini file with archive if you want to look it over.
[Archive]
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
bUseArchives=1
sArchiveList=D:\data\Meshes\Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, D:\data\Textures\Oblivion - Textures.bsa, D:\data\Sounds\Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, D:\data2\Voices Dialogue\Oblivion - Voices Dialogue.bsa, D:\data\Voices NonDialogue\Oblivion - Voices Nondialogue.bsa, D:\data\Misc\Oblivion - Misc.bsa

is the bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 supposed to be set to 1?
I tried to remove the borders by setting it to 0 but so far I can't get them to turn off. I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: nope, changes to the ini don't seem to have any effect. For those that are getting stuff to work, where is your game installed? I have mine installed to HDD1\Games but it's just a rip from the actual disk so I don't know if it needs to be installed by the system or not.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(daverboon @ Mar 21 2010, 12:53 PM) View Post

is the bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 supposed to be set to 1?
I tried to remove the borders by setting it to 0 but so far I can't get them to turn off. I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: nope, changes to the ini don't seem to have any effect. For those that are getting stuff to work, where is your game installed? I have mine installed to HDD1\Games but it's just a rip from the actual disk so I don't know if it needs to be installed by the system or not.

Yeah i have it in the same place you do,and i havent tested out any .ini changes besides just using the two mods i spoke of because i have been gone all day,but i did install the mods,textures etc. into both data and data two to see if it worked now i just need to narrow down which its working from.

*EDIT* "Use archive 1" Don't set that to 0 in the .ini game wouldnt even load for me when i did.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »

Ive gotten companion share and recruit working now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9