xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mehrunes Razor  (Read 151 times)

AClayeJ

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

Best download yet! If you've got some MS points, get it! Took me about 2hrs to finish. Tons and tons of stuff to do and find. The razor itself is kinda disappointing, it only has a 1 hit kill sometimes. I loved Razor! Not as much the weapon but the whole download. Took a very long time. I was expecting some 30 min quest, but no they must have really listened this time around. Tons and tons of cool weapons to get. The best thing I liked about it was the story, it had a very well put together story IMO. Much of the time exploring is done without the locater arrows, which forces you to search and explore, I love that. Plus, the contents of what you explore is much better than the usual mundane caves we're used to.

Did anyone else notice the message you get after you kill with the Razor? Something about the blade collects souls with each kill.

MEHRUNES RAZOR STATS

BLADE - 1 HAND

DAEDRIC BANISHING ON STRIKE

DISINTEGRATE ARMOUR 15PTS FOR 7 SECS ON STRIK

USES 49

VALUE 6365

ATTACK 16

WEIGHT 9

The Attack depends on your level.

There's also some cool sneak light armor you can get if you kill the prisoner. (Morag Tong Assasin) I let him out and he went on his way. Then met back up with him killing some high ranking person in that army they have. I killed him after that and took his armor. He has some cool enchantments to it. Morag Tong is the first name of the Dark Brotherhood.

Acrobat's Amulet
Fortify Speed 20 points
Fortify Athletics 20 points
Fortify Acrobatics 20 points
Morag Tong Boots (Leather)
Fortify Acrobatics 15 points
Fortify Sneak 15 points

Morag Tong Cowl (Hood)
Fortify Marksman 10 points
Detect Life 100 feet

Morag Tong Cuirass (Leather)
Fortify Agility 13 points
Resist Normal Weapons 25%
Resist Magic 25%

Morag Tong Gloves (Leather)
Fortify Security 10 points
Fortify Luck 9 points

Morag Tong Greaves (Leather)
Fortify Speed 9 points
Feather 80 points

Also had a Daedric Dagger (normal) and 3 Strong Chameleon potions. He was also carrying an Assassination Order.

Rockpick Hoe

Value 60

Weight 30

Damage 13

Blunt-Two hand

Ha Ha, it's a tool used by the miners. Looks like a garden hoe. You can even use it as a weapon, very long weapon I might add. lol

This post has been edited by AClayeJ: Jun 16 2006, 03:59 PM

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

haha sounds good, i'll think about it when i finish the regular oblivion probably, i'm overloaded on backlogged quests to do as it is.  but if you think about it, a 1 hit kill EVERY time is asking quite a bit...what about huge, big, band enemies.

[oldie] this isn't the golden gun wink.gif [/oldie]

AClayeJ

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16 2006, 01:13 PM) View Post

haha sounds good, i'll think about it when i finish the regular oblivion probably, i'm overloaded on backlogged quests to do as it is.  but if you think about it, a 1 hit kill EVERY time is asking quite a bit...what about huge, big, band enemies.

[oldie] this isn't the golden gun wink.gif [/oldie]

It's not a 1 hit kill eveytime as we thought. It has a "chance" of a 1 hit kill from what I've read. I haven't killed anyone with one hit yet either. But it's still a powerful weapon.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(AClayeJ @ Jun 16 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post

It's not a 1 hit kill eveytime as we thought. It has a "chance" of a 1 hit kill from what I've read. I haven't killed anyone with one hit yet either. But it's still a powerful weapon.

yes i know...i was commenting on your dissapointment.  

i don't think anyone thought it would be a one hit kill every time...

d13w93

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

Yeah just completed that quest now. Reckon it took me a good couple of hours to get through. Decent side quest, best download yet, shame you don't get some achievement points for it though.....

AClayeJ

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(d13w93 @ Jun 16 2006, 04:33 PM) View Post

Yeah just completed that quest now. Reckon it took me a good couple of hours to get through. Decent side quest, best download yet, shame you don't get some achievement points for it though.....

Yeah, that would be cool, since we do pay for the content. But I think it's like that cause everyone isn't going to get it.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

yes i know...i was commenting on your dissapointment.  

i don't think anyone thought it would be a one hit kill every time...

Ah gotcha.

Yeah, a one hit kill would be boring.

oblivion_psycho

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

most of the higher-level fire spells are one hit kills (one cast kills) against trolls. i think flaming spear is a good one.

(this is assuming the difficulty mark is set around the middle of the meter)

Dekedence

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Haven't got this download (or an Xbox 360 or copy of Oblivion to think of it) but I know that I would use this one opponent and one opponent alone...Storm Atronachs.

Seriously, does anyone have a good set of attacks which can take down one of these guys relatively easy?

I remember that a silence spell / poison worked quite well...at least stopped him from spinning for a few minutes.

brutalresolution20

• Archived User
Mehrunes Razor
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

the razor itself looks awesome...i was only a level 2 when i got it but the stats arent that bad...the morang tong armor was the best part of the whole download though...that stuff is sick...plus it looks sick too...i used it maybe a total of 40 hits and i got 8 of those "dagon captured its soul" stuff and they died instantly..the best part is that one of those instant deaths involved umbra so umbra died in one hit...it was awesome