xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Arrow Of Extrication Quest Problem  (Read 213 times)

hXcPlayr

• Archived User
Arrow Of Extrication Quest Problem
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

So it's telling me to go to this house in Chorrol to meet the gray fox.  I go inside, and the compass indicator turns green...but the gray fox isn't there.  Is there a basement or something I'm not noticing? Or is this just another one of the hundreds of bugs in this game?

AClayeJ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

There's no basement in that Chorrol house, he should be in there. Is there a guy outside of the house? Telling you to meet the GF? Maybe wait a day and go and try again. Or try to load an earlier game too.

hXcPlayr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

Yeah there's a guy outside telling me that the gray fox is waiting for me.  The thing is thought, I've done a bunch of other quests, so I can't really load an earlier game.  I guess I just have to wait for a patch...

hXcPlayr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

So much for the patch, just updated and it didn't fix it.  Game developers really need to stop relying on updates, just so they can release a buggy game a few months earlier.

Dekedence

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

That's happened to me on the Cure Vampirism quest.

But I'm not an idiot...I read that the steward was going to get the Count and that I was to WAIT here...on the green compass. I stood there and waited 1 hour...when it loaded there was the Count stood right infront of me.

What was the chances in that?!?

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:00 AM »

I had kind of the same thing happen to me.  I just went of plundering dungeons and completing other quests and would check in on him periodically (also had the same problem with "the stranger", that stupid gray fox is more trouble than he's worth).

DANNYBROOK

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(hXcPlayr @ Jun 6 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

So it's telling me to go to this house in Chorrol to meet the gray fox.  I go inside, and the compass indicator turns green...but the gray fox isn't there.  Is there a basement or something I'm not noticing? Or is this just another one of the hundreds of bugs in this game?

He's sitting in the chair at the table.  Trust me, he is, look hard.  It messed with my head because the green arrow shows him at a different place in the room and hes hard to see, but he is definitly there, just look.

hXcPlayr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

I'll look again, but I don't remember there being a table in the house.

EDIT:  nope, every chair in the house is empty.

This post has been edited by hXcPlayr: Jun 9 2006, 11:15 PM

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

Same thing happened to me, I have waited for days, got myself kicked out of the thieves guild and reinstated to see if something would reset, all for nothing.

He hasn't showed up after many hours and days of gameplay.

This is the second quest I can't complete due to game glitches, I have completed almost all other quests in the entire game waiting for these glitches to be fixed.

This ruins an otherwise great game, only because it feels like these problems will never be fixed.

Just move on to other quests or load a different game.

Sucks but that is the way it is

Dalpura

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 02:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(DANNYBROOK @ Jun 9 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

He's sitting in the chair at the table.  Trust me, he is, look hard.  It messed with my head because the green arrow shows him at a different place in the room and hes hard to see, but he is definitly there, just look.

What he said^

I did this quest not an hour ago, and had the same 'messed head' as Danny there.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

Actually he is not there, the chair is empty and i can sit in it.

Like i said before i have tried many things and he is simply not there.

The umbra glich is fixed so i finally finished that quest now i have this crap to deal with.

It looks like a real fun quest to

It sucks that i can't finish it

hXcPlayr

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

yeah every chair in the house is empty..I can sit in them all.  It sucks too, cuz it kinda ruined the game for me.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

Things like this really piss me off to but you shouldn't let it ruin such a great game.

There are many other things to do in the game, it is only one quest. Try collecting all the aliad statues, that one side quest alone is almost as big as the thieves guild quests and it was fun as hell.

Got my mind right off the badness

just my two cents

vampyre7

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I worked on this for several hours today and may have found the solution. Instead of looking for the Gray Fox in Chorrol, go back to the house you met him in in Bruma (Helvius Cecia's house). There he was, sitting in the same chair, and picked up right where I needed him to, giving me the Arrow of Extracation quest.

Hope this helps!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

sacredmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(vampyre7 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post

Hi Everyone,

I worked on this for several hours today and may have found the solution. Instead of looking for the Gray Fox in Chorrol, go back to the house you met him in in Bruma (Helvius Cecia's house). There he was, sitting in the same chair, and picked up right where I needed him to, giving me the Arrow of Extracation quest.

Hope this helps!

biggrin.gif

This worked for me! Thanks alot. I would have never thought to go back to the other house to check for him. Finally I can continue this quest line biggrin.gif Thanks