xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Oblivion Patch Coming Next Week  (Read 197 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion Patch Coming Next Week
« on: June 05, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

At least the wait’s not far off now. The company confirmed to 1UP that an official patch is in the final stages of development and certification, and should be available for both PC and Xbox 360 users sometime next week. But what if you don’t have access to Xbox Live? The company’s looking into a number of options, including bundling the patch onto a disc with the Official Xbox Magazine. “We’ll make it available via whatever means are out there for any game to get updates to people playing the game,” said public relations head Pete Hines.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/1006

sounds great!  honestly though most of my problems seemed to dissapear.  i no longer freeze up in leyawin and the loading seems fine now.  maybe we'll see a noticable performance increase after the patch is installed.  

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

yeah, but will it fix the dupe trick  wink.gif

AClayeJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 5 2006, 10:53 AM) View Post

yeah, but will it fix the dupe trick  wink.gif

I think that was fixed with one of the other Market Place downloads.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Now, what if I've already duped some items.  Will they dissapear?  Or will it only prevent future dupes?

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

I don't think there is anyway to tell what is duped and what isn't. I am sure you will still have your duped items.

Dekedence

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Are you sure the dupe was fixed in the content downloads on the Marketplace? My mate downloaded them all (including the spire) and whilst there I duped a load of ingredients to make into potions.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

eh...i hope they fix the Vampire bug... all these days as vampire is getting tiresome  dry.gif

pablomentabo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

I don't understand what's wrong but I started Oblivion in my 360 after I did the new dashboard update and d/l'ed some trailors and stuff but when Oblivion started it didn't ask to start the new patch d/l...  so I thought it was cuz I was d/l'ing something when I started Oblivion so I canceled my d/l's from the marketplace...  still no prompt for the patch d/l

Soooo, then I cut off my 360 and turned it on and started Oblivion (since my 360 boots to the dashboard now) but still no patch d/l

I thought there was a patch for both 360 and pc not just pc...  is something wrong or am I just being to impatient since I saw the pc patch and I want my 360 patch?

pennywisdom

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(pablomentabo @ Jun 6 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

I don't understand what's wrong but I started Oblivion in my 360 after I did the new dashboard update and d/l'ed some trailors and stuff but when Oblivion started it didn't ask to start the new patch d/l...  so I thought it was cuz I was d/l'ing something when I started Oblivion so I canceled my d/l's from the marketplace...  still no prompt for the patch d/l

Soooo, then I cut off my 360 and turned it on and started Oblivion (since my 360 boots to the dashboard now) but still no patch d/l

I thought there was a patch for both 360 and pc not just pc...  is something wrong or am I just being to impatient since I saw the pc patch and I want my 360 patch?

time to kick back and relax buddy, its not out yet.  cool.gif

pablomentabo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

aaiight...  thanx.  just was wonderin since they said it'd most likely be out at the same time (kinda figured it wouldn't)

mikedavis2838

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

The elder scrolls main page   http://www.elderscro...m/home/home.htm

06.06.06 - Oblivion Patch and Update

"An update will also be available on Xbox Live tomorrow for Xbox 360 users (English version only)."

You can read the patch notes here http://www.elderscro...patchnotes6.htm
"The patch notes also covers issues addressed in the 360 update."