xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spellmaking And Enchanting Problems  (Read 124 times)

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
Spellmaking And Enchanting Problems
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

OK, it's kinda a problem.  The spellmaking problem I noticed when I went to do the free daedric armor glitch.  It said to make a bound weapon spell.  When I go to make the spell, there is no "bound weapon or armor" selection there.  The enchanting problem I just noticed right now.  The shield enchantment topic (which is a couple of posts down) says that he can enchant things with a 10% shield enchantment.  There is no "shield" option for me when I go to enchant things.  What's going on.  I'm lvl. 24 or 25 right now.  Thanks.

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

Do you actually have those spells in your spell list? You need to have the spells before they will show up while enchanting. Go hunt em down and then try the enchanting again.

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(THDVL @ Apr 20 2006, 10:20 PM) View Post

Do you actually have those spells in your spell list? You need to have the spells before they will show up while enchanting. Go hunt em down and then try the enchanting again.

So, in order to make certain enchantments, you need certain spells?  OK.  Do scrolls count or do i need pure spells? Thanks!

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »

you need the spells.. scrolls wont work. The mages guilds are great for buying spells.. I havnt found many useful ones at the shops.

This post has been edited by THDVL: Apr 21 2006, 07:07 AM

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(THDVL @ Apr 20 2006, 10:37 PM) View Post

you need the spells.. scrolls wont work. The mages guilds are great for buying spells.. I havnt found many useful ones at the shops.

Oh crap.  Guess I have to visit some guilds.  One last thing, do you have to be able to perform the spell (as in have enoguh magika and level and what not)?

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

Anyone found a way to make an invisibility ring?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

Yes you have to be able to cast the spell to use it.

The ability will not show up on the list unless you have the spell AND have cast it at least once.

HOWEVER, you can just pick up a cheap spell and then it's only limited by your ability.

For instance I'm a novice in Alteration, I bought a "open very easy lock" spell, and cast it once. That was the only alteration spell I could find that I was able to cast at my level.

Now I can go to the spell making alter and since I have an "Open..." spell I can can make ANY open based spell, so I can create an "Open Very Hard Lock" spell even though I don't have the skill or magica to cast it yet.

Enchanting works similarly.

So if you want bound weapon, bound armor, shield/protect, or invisibility... you first need to find a similar spell that you can cast at least once.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Apr 21 2006, 04:04 PM

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 21 2006, 10:34 AM) View Post

Yes you have to be able to cast the spell to use it.

The ability will not show up on the list unless you have the spell AND have cast it at least once.

HOWEVER, you can just pick up a cheap spell and then it's only limited by your ability.

For instance I'm a novice in Alteration, I bought a "open very easy lock" spell, and cast it once. That was the only alteration spell I could find that I was able to cast at my level.

Now I can go to the spell making alter and since I have an "Open..." spell I can can make ANY open based spell, so I can create an "Open Very Hard Lock" spell even though I don't have the skill or magica to cast it yet.

Enchanting works similarly.

So if you want bound weapon, bound armor, shield/protect, or invisibility... you first need to find a similar spell that you can cast at least once.

Hmm.. That's odd.   I have an illusion skill of 65 as I use it frequently to go invisible (for 30 seconds).  But for some reason I don't see it as an option for enchanting.  Does it have to be a major skill???

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

You can enchant invisibility but it's not called invisibility. You need 100% chameleon. I have avoided doing this, people who have tried essentially say it is "god mode" because nobody ever fights back.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

Invisibility=Chameleon.  I have Chameleon and been using it too.  

I'm just tired of casting the spell on myself...and recasting it when I do something.

And with my ring of sauron, I can bump up the difficulty some.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by boxrocker: Apr 21 2006, 07:06 PM

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

I don't believe it has to be a major skill, Illusion is my only major in ANY of the magic disciplines yet I can see all the stuff I have spells for.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

Guess I need to tinker around with all the spells and see what I can do.  smile.gif

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

im having some difficulty making some money. I may I can make a few hundred here and there but spend it all due to armor and weapon repairs. I'm a mage (sorcerer) / warrior. It's fun this way I think. But I need to find a way to really make some dough. I'd like to buy a nice house but not enough money.

Any ideas?

im having some difficulty making some money. I may I can make a few hundred here and there but spend it all due to armor and weapon repairs. I'm a mage (sorcerer) / warrior. It's fun this way I think. But I need to find a way to really make some dough. I'd like to buy a nice house but not enough money.

Any ideas?

BTW, arena doens't give a whole lot. 100 gold takes a long time to build when betting.

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

nice thread hijack  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)  .. just go to gamefaqs and read up.. there are several money glitches.

DeepSeaRoy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

okay so call me a noob or whatever but i need help!!! i read this great idea for a chameleon suit and i said id do it, but the recipe calls for five grand soul gems with grand souls!!! EEK!! i know you can clone stuff so i really only need one. the problem, however, is this. my dude has very little magical ability. if anyone could tell me where i can buy a grand soul gem with a grand soul, i'd appreciate it. money isnt a problem. ive checked like everywhere and the highest ive found is a greater soul. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

QUOTE(amb7247 @ Apr 21 2006, 08:40 PM) View Post

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

BTW, arena doens't give a whole lot. 100 gold takes a long time to build when betting.

amb, get a horse and go to the kvatch village where all the citizens are bitching and moaning about life. STAY ON HORSEBACK and talk to the orc lady who sells stuff. make sure you have your most expensive sword equipped, and sell it. it will say something like 'you cannot unequip this item' but you will still get cash for it. and the lady doesn't lose money either so do it for hours if you want. ive made millions off of this trick.........BUT YOU NEED A HORSE!!!!

anyone know where i can buy a spell of open very hard lock?
Pages: [1] 2